• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    I finally gave into buying my first 1911. Wow! Now I know what all the 1911 hype is all about. The fit and finish on the Ruger feels and looks great. 100% made in the USA. I've put about 200 rounds through it so far and zero malfunctions using pdx hollow points and Remington UMC ammo. Plan to keep shooting this thing and possibly winter carry piece.

Pictures with the my new IWB/OWB dual holster by D.M. Bullard. I have a Crossbreed supertuck and I think I like this holster better so far.

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

IMG_1274.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1277.jpg

Last edited:

twostepadin

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Rockville Indiana
    i like it, i too am waiting to feel one with my own hands. but it would seem that ruger got the 1911 right. do you know if they will be offering other than stainless?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    ;) tnx for the nice pics. John Moses Browning and William Batterman Ruger can't go wrong with those two guys.

JMB yes, and I have no issues with Ruger as a company, but Bill Ruger wasn't a friend to gun owners. Of course, since he had nothing to do with Ruger finally manufacturing a 1911, it is all good anyway.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    Wow...great pics. Thanks for sharing. Now I have chosen my first 1911 as well! Just gotta save up a little cash after I get my kids moved back into college.

Congrats!

MAJB Retired

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0

Sweet looking gun and rig. I've been reading up a lot on the R1911, and I havealmost been convinced to make the Remington my next acquisition. I used a 1911in the military until they switched to the 92FS, and I was impressed by it'saccuracy and power. However, my first experience with the 1911 at Ft Harrison,IN, during my basic officer's course, was anything but impressive. The weaponswe shot hat Ft. Harrison were obviously not well maintained. I used to jokewith my fellow lieutenants and friends that the barrel must have has a 50 calbushing, they were so inaccurate. However, on my first permanent duty assignment,to the 82nd Airborne, I was impressed. The weapons were well maintained and Ihad no problems shooting Expert every year. I have a 92FS, and I like it's accuracy andrecoil (or lack thereof), but the feel of the 1911 and the power it not only delivers,but projects, makes it pretty high on my want list!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    RedMurph
    Top Bottom