• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Falkin88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    I bought a Ruger Single Six new about a week and a half ago and the pistol has been pretty inaccurate to say the least talking all over a standard sheet of paper target at 25 yards not really grouping at all. I've tried CCI Blazers, Stingers, and Remington bulk pack all to the same results. It's the convertible with 6.5" barrel, and yes I've made sure I'm using the right cylinder. When I shoot .22 mag it groups well, talking about inch to inch and a half groups at 25 yards. My grandpa has a single six stainless and wood handled but convertible as well that I've shot and it has no problems with accuracy from the .22 long rifle. Is there a common break in period with these or do I have a dud? I'll try and post up some pics of the targets. Also it’s the adjustable sights and I've tried sighting in starting close and working out but once I hit about 15 yards the groups really open up with regular LR so I've just sighted it in with the .22 mags for the time being.

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    the 22 mag has a slightly larger diameter bullet. The barrel is bored for it. the 22 lr is slightly undersized and wont be as accurate.
    at least thats what ive always heard. mine is the same, dead accurate with mags

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    i would be talking to Ruger about this one. The .22 mags are a bit bigger...however, the accuracy shouldnt be that far off with .22lr especially at those ranges. i would be speaking to thier customer support..which is fairly decent..and get the pistol looked over...may be something is a bit off in the machining...or...?

mtb1981

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2012
    I absolutely love my Marlin .22mag. Hands down my favorite one to shoot on a regular basis.

steveIU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    I currently own four single sixes. I've never had an issue. Contact ruger they will make it right.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I bought a Ruger Single Six new about a week and a half ago and the pistol has been pretty inaccurate to say the least talking all over a standard sheet of paper target at 25 yards not really grouping at all. I've tried CCI Blazers, Stingers, and Remington bulk pack all to the same results. It's the convertible with 6.5" barrel, and yes I've made sure I'm using the right cylinder. When I shoot .22 mag it groups well, talking about inch to inch and a half groups at 25 yards. My grandpa has a single six stainless and wood handled but convertible as well that I've shot and it has no problems with accuracy from the .22 long rifle. Is there a common break in period with these or do I have a dud? I'll try and post up some pics of the targets. Also it’s the adjustable sights and I've tried sighting in starting close and working out but once I hit about 15 yards the groups really open up with regular LR so I've just sighted it in with the .22 mags for the time being.

How big are the groups? I have a 5 1/2" Single Six and there is a minor difference between 22 lr and 22 Mag with the 22 Mag being slightly smaller which is expected since 22 mag is slightly bigger. I get around 3" groups with 22 LR. Not the most accurite 22 I own but it's just a fun plinker and good enough. I have the same issue with my 9mm/357 Blackhawk. My 38/357 groups are about 1 1/2" the 9mm is larger.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    My single six does well also, I only have the .22 cylinder. I haven't had any problems with it as long as I have had it and it shoots straight! Call Ruger or take it to a qualified gunsmith for a check up.

Top Bottom