• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Im sure there are several threads about the P95, however, I am more interested in fresh info than posts that could be well over a year old.

I've been eyeing the blued p95, and was wondering if it performs and feels as well as I have heard. What are the opinions of other members, regarding the function and feel of the gun?

Thanks.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    I have 2 of these. They are very sturdy, eat ANYTHING, never jam, are simple to clean and are reasonably accurate. The decock safety is great - no safety to fumble with, ready to go whenever you pull the trigger. They hold up well in the long run.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    I've always like Ruger's P-series of pistols, they are a bit on the bulky side for ccw but every one of them that I have fired has been very accurate & reliable.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I picked one up a little before Christmas last year. I love it. Accurate and reliable. Put nearly 1000 rounds through it, so far. Only malfunction was due to me limp-wristing it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Posts over a year old could still be considered fresh info regarding the P95. ;)

They were introduced as the next in the P series line 16 years ago and have stood the test of time quite well.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    One of my in-laws used to own a P95. Another one owned a P89 and a P94. I didn't get to shoot them often, so I can't comment on how well they function, but I can say they are built like tanks. I would have gotten one except it doesn't fit my small hands well.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Ruger p95 was my first handgun several years ago and I still have it to this day. Built like a tank and has been 100% reliable. I bought mine used. Good gun for the money.

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I've had my for about a month now and after 250 rounds not one failure. It is really nice to shoot, little recoil and very accurate. The only issue I've had is trying to chamber the first round with 15 in the mag. I'm not sure what the problem is but 1-14 no problems. I think there is a bit too much pressure from the mag spring when it is full. A little more break in may be all that is needed.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    I picked up a P95 just about a month ago, It fits my hand well and seems to eat whatever I feed it. It is accurate and comfortable being a rather heavy 9mm it has almost neglidgable kick.

I took it to Atterbury last week and came home with this

7yds8_23.jpg

Dsgnr_81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 28, 2009
    Pendleton Indiana
    It's a great pistol. I bought it new in 1998, have fired somewhere around 10k rounds, and just retired it to my bedside stand gun. Always fires great. The only problems I've had with it is when others limp wrist with it. and one of the mags I bought in 98 finally crapped out on me, causing double feeds on occasion. I've used it three times this year in pistol competitions, as seen here: [ame]http://youtu.be/JDfsuaprmII[/ame]

ChromeLined

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Im sorry if this has already been asked elsewhere.But my cousin recently purchased a p95 for two reasons, the reliability and I own a p89 and have a half dozen mags he can interchange with.
    But his p95 doesnt have a lanyard loop.
    Is there a replacement mainspring plate with one in the aftermarket?
    I did not see one on Rugers website.

But I love the p series, maybe I play too much COD, but after dual wielding a p89 and p95 last weekend (experamintation)I think I might end up with a p95 to lol.It seemed like the p95 had a heavier trigger pull, but a cleaner break shooting them side by side

Top Bottom