• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    My stepfather just offered to sell his Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifle with scope to me for $300. Its a 183 series built in 1982 or 83. He's kept it in nice shape. I would like to know your likes and dislikes of this product. Also what are the chances of switching out the stock from a ranch rifle to a ATI rifle. Let me know your thoughts.

hickuleas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Oct 5, 2009
    deep in the woods
    My mini 14 rifles have been dependable when using factory magazines, stay away from aftermarket ones. Ruger is once again selling high capacity magazines. The 20 rounders have worked best for me.

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    :yesway: Ill take it if 300.00 to rich for you.Seriously great deal That was my first 223/5.56 rifle and the later 182 series like that accept all the aftermarket tacticool stocks.

g+16

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    if you have'nt already, YES buy it, their is a pretty good aftermarket as far as products but once you get stock and flash suppressors there is really not much left, unless you'd like a nice trigger job. And yes the new ones just about price themselfes out of the market:noway:

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    the mini-14s that I've shot would have a hard time hitting a groundhog at 100 yds. hope you're not looking for paper punching accuracy.
    The accuracy of a Mini 14 can be greatly improved by adding a muzzle brake and an Accu-Strut. They both dampen the harmonics generated by the thin barrel on the earlier models. The Accu-Strut also acts as a heat sink and dissipates the barrel heat which causes the zero to wander after repeated firing.
    Mike

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom