• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I just traded for a Ruger Mark lll .22 LR Target in stainless. Nice piece. Tack driver. Ran 400 rds. through it and wanted to do a good clean up. This gun has a special key to loosen a retention allen in the handle before the slide lock can be removed. It did not have one in the box. The original owner never fired it from new but has no idea where the "Special" key is and can not find it.
    I have been on line and looked through the Brownells catalog with no luck.
    Any ideas where to find one.
    A standard allen set will not fit as they have put a raised nipple in the center of the allen head requiring the "Special" key.

Guardsman89

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2011
    Kokomo
    I just bought a Ruger 22/45 and I beleive it may have come with two special keys. If so, I'd be happy to share one of mine. Send me a PM with your contact info and I'll get it to you.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    The "key" is a hex key which is a bastard size. It measures 2.25mm or .088" flat to flat. In the end of the hex shaft there is a hole that fits over a pin in the gun's frame. Only a Ruger key will work.

jkirby

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    Kokomo/Bunker hill
    I just traded for a Ruger Mark lll .22 LR Target in stainless. Nice piece. Tack driver. Ran 400 rds. through it and wanted to do a good clean up. This gun has a special key to loosen a retention allen in the handle before the slide lock can be removed. It did not have one in the box. The original owner never fired it from new but has no idea where the "Special" key is and can not find it.
    I have been on line and looked through the Brownells catalog with no luck.
    Any ideas where to find one.
    A standard allen set will not fit as they have put a raised nipple in the center of the allen head requiring the "Special" key.

Just wondering if you ever got a key for your gun. mu offer is still open if you need it

Top Bottom