• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Mac 1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    New Castle, IN
    Sorry if this is a duplication... I searched for the topic and couldn't find anything.

Thinking of getting one as a carry pistol on the ankle. Any thoughts (good or bad) about the pistol. Seems like everything I have seen looks pretty good.

Thinking of a HiViz sight for it as well.

Thanks!

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    I don't have one, but have heard a lot of great things about them. Also, in my limited experience shooting an LCR, I enjoyed it. I say go for it!

greyhound47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    I hear S&W bodyguards are about to take a drop in price along with the rest of S&W's line. I like the bodyguard revolver because it comes standard with laser in the grip but it is slightly heavier than the LCR.

Big Mac 1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    New Castle, IN
    I hear S&W bodyguards are about to take a drop in price along with the rest of S&W's line. I like the bodyguard revolver because it comes standard with laser in the grip but it is slightly heavier than the LCR.

I may check that out. I am not so concerned with weight, so this may be a good option. Like the laser as well!!!

Indysioux

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Carmel IN
    I have a LCR-LG (laser grip). When I was looking at the various small concealable options currently on the market, I was uncomfortable with the amount of time it took me to line up the sights.

For me the LCR is lightweight, easy to conceal, and fun to shoot. Ruger also did a nice job with the trigger. A great carry piece. :)

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I had one about a year ago. Compact, light, really nice sight picture and sweet trigger. But that trigger comes at a price. Within 100 rounds the return spring snapped on me and it had to be sent back in. Ruger took care of it, of course, but I lost confidence in it. Ditched it, grabbed an M&P340 and haven't looked back.

NickL45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    I bought a LCR about 2 months ago and really like it. I bought the model with the boot grip and the big dot nite sight on it. I put about 100 rounds through it with those grips and the recoil was not pleasant. Also, I never felt like I had a really good grip on the gun with those grips. I ordered a pair of the tamer grips from Ruger and have been VERY satisfied with how they improved my grip. I have not had the chance to shoot the LCR with those grips yet, but I'm sure they will help "tame" the recoil quite a bit. They also give me a much better and more secure feeling grip. The big dot nite site is also very nice.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    I bought one and love it. Carry it as a back-up gun everyday. I carried a Smith and Wesson J-Frame for years and hesitated to switch over. But, after I shot the LCR, got home cleaned it, and put the Smith in the safe, where it's been since!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Let me start by saying that I don't own one. But I have shot them as well as several other snubs. They are very controllable and easy to shoot. The triggers are good. They are also very lightweight and should be corrosion resistant, both good characteristics for ankle carry or deep concealment.

The bad is that they are ugly and they rattle. Sorry but I want one, but can't get past the rattle.

ludlow

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    I have had one for just over a year now and I really like it. I just added the front night sight in December and it is much easier to get on target in low light. I like the light weight for summer carry. I tried a DeSantis pocket holster but the whole package didn't fit well in my front pocket. Works well in cargo pants or a jacket pocket though. IMHO the Hogue grip makes a huge difference in perceived recoil.

rcox

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Jackson County
    I have one, i really like it. Finding a holster is a bit of a challenge for me, don't particular like IWB, but i can put in my pocket, even in my boot. Very concealable, light, almost always have it with me.

RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    Had one for a year, and loved it. Great lightweight gun. Grips were great and trigger was awsome. The only reason I got rid of it was that it didn't fit my wife's hand, left it for her when I was at work, and that I saw a S&W 642 with a 2.5 inch barrel that was calling my name. Didn't need both, so the LCR got traded. Also, it fit great in a RHBA pocket holster.

Last edited:

bigjross2002

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    I carry one as my backup weapon. I would have to say in my honest opinion its one of the nicest .38s out there and very economical. I love the trigger and its weight. Currently I now carry it on my ankle and replaced the heavy Glock 26 with it. It does shoot very well for a snubby and the grip helps it recoil nicely even with +P rounds.

9mm Bill

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    Lafayette
    My wife bought one of these about a year ago. It's her favorite gun. And she has bought a new gun at each gun show. She doesn't carry it now, but I bet she does in the future. I shot it a few times and the recoil is not bad and it's very accurate. Hers has the laser grip and at the indoor range in town is deadly accurate. Nice gun.

Top Bottom