• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    Very nice. I was waiting for one and grew impatient and bought a reg 4" GP100 and LOVE it! I tuned the trigger myself and it is awesome. I'd like to try it side by side with a Match Champion's trigger to compare.
    could you tell me if it comes from factory with trigger and/or hammer shims? I've seen their diagrams and it indicates that it should. Also, does yours have any slop/gap between grips and frame along the top of the backstrap behind hammer?
    Nice looking piece!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Very nice. I was waiting for one and grew impatient and bought a reg 4" GP100 and LOVE it! I tuned the trigger myself and it is awesome. I'd like to try it side by side with a Match Champion's trigger to compare.
    could you tell me if it comes from factory with trigger and/or hammer shims? I've seen their diagrams and it indicates that it should. Also, does yours have any slop/gap between grips and frame along the top of the backstrap behind hammer?
    Nice looking piece!

It does have a gap, and its beveled. It seems to be cut that way on purpose, perhaps to reduce the likelihood of cracking under recoil? It does mar the looks a bit.

Can you tell if its shimmed without disassembly?

throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    It does have a gap, and its beveled. It seems to be cut that way on purpose, perhaps to reduce the likelihood of cracking under recoil? It does mar the looks a bit.

Can you tell if its shimmed without disassembly?

Likely not. Don't worry about disassembling until/if you want to four your sake (although disassembly is one of the rugers strengths, once you do it one time then it's came)

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Likely not. Don't worry about disassembling until/if you want to four your sake (although disassembly is one of the rugers strengths, once you do it one time then it's came)

I've watched the armorer do it when he did the trigger job on my WC, it looked fairly simple. Ruger says its shimmed, I'll take them at their word.

RND

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2014
    Westfield
    BTW BBI, enjoyed the write up on choosing..., and I chose the the RUGER 1754 as my first firearm. Wouldn't mine practicing with ya sometime.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    10271528_625817234167461_4538717373720959094_n.jpg

Full range report soon.

Top Bottom