• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny L

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Southern Indiana
    Well after being patient I finally found someone to trade and my carbine should be here next week. I traded an Old Model Ruger in mint condition for it. I have been using my Marlin lever in 44 and bagged a doe this year but wanted a semi in 44 caliber. Anyone else use one for deer ?

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Well after being patient I finally found someone to trade and my carbine should be here next week. I traded an Old Model Ruger in mint condition for it. I have been using my Marlin lever in 44 and bagged a doe this year but wanted a semi in 44 caliber. Anyone else use one for deer ?

You bet, we (father and brothers) have used them since the early 80's when they first came out, great brush guns for northern WI and MN. We also bought the new Deerfields when they were re-released with the rotary mag. Great guns! We shoot 300 gr cast bullets, no need for a secons shot unless there is more than one deer!

You'll really enjoy it, the new ones seem to shoot many different ammo's accuratly, I hope you have the same luck.

Merry Christmas

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Grant County
    I've got one of the Deerfields with the rotary mag. also. Very accurate for what they are intended for. With 240 grain jacketed soft points will shoot 3 rounds to a 3/4 inch group at fifty yards. Have found that with the Hornaday 300 grainers the bullet drop is rather dramatic compared to the 240 grain bullets. As 6birds said they are great brush guns and are easy to carry due to light weight. As a side note the rotary mags are kind of hard to find from my experience. So, if you come across one, latch on to it.

Big 30

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Michigan
    These are great little carbines. If you like to truck around in the woods small light and fast handling. Or even for a defence rifle.
    It was one of the first rifles I ever hunted with when I was a kid. Took a few deer with one.
    They also seem to hold their value over the years.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I have wanted a Ruger semi-auto .44 for home defense for as long as I've known it existed. Easy to point and swing, not too large for my girlfriend, lots of energy and not recoil-y like a shotgun. Indiana deer-legal also a plus. Nice find!

Top Bottom