• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Just turned on the race. What's up with all the guys front bumpers literally rubbing the rear bumper in front of them?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I get the drafting thing but I've never seen them running like this. Could be that I very seldom watch NASCAR. Had to give my fingers a break from reaming primer pockets. It'd take a serious set of nuts to do that at 180+ mph.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I get the drafting thing but I've never seen them running like this. Could be that I very seldom watch NASCAR. Had to give my fingers a break from reaming primer pockets. It'd take a serious set of nuts to do that at 180+ mph.

No, it's a new thing. With the new redesign of the car, and Daytona just being re-paved, the two car tag teams are faster than the "trains" that we're used to at Daytona and Talledega.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    That kenseth crash is a perfect example why that rubbing is bad. Isn't that how Dale was killed?

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    That kenseth crash is a perfect example why that rubbing is bad. Isn't that how Dale was killed?

Sort of. It was a similar nose into the wall crash that caused Dale's death. At the time, Dale wasn't wearing the Hans device that prevents the neck from coming so far forward during a head on crash.

There have been MANY safety improvements, such as said Hans device, as well as the "safer barrier" wall cushioning that makes the wrecks like that much less traumatic.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I know dales wreck head a much bigger sling shot effect though. I'm just surprised NASCAR doesn't crack down more than they do on these hits.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    They actually just last year said "we're gonna regulate it less. Have at it boys."

There were quite a few serious incidents last year. Mostly between Brad Kesalowski and Carl Edwards.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I went to the brickyard last year I think it was. I know it wasn't the year of the tire problem. My brother had free tickets. I'd rather watch it on tv.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I went to the brickyard last year I think it was. I know it wasn't the year of the tire problem. My brother had free tickets. I'd rather watch it on tv.

Brickyard is probably the WORST race to watch live. If you REALLY want to see a great Nascar race live, go to Bristol. Amazing experience.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom