• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Cool house! I wish they went into more detail about the plumbing and electrical linkages. I don't want to see a picture of their freaking piano. Show me how the house WORKS!

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    From the website it said that the plumbing is on the INSIDE of the house witin a core which appears not to come. So it looks like they have a smaller "inner core" circle an an outer one. :dunno: don't think u can build that here in IN with all the COLD.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    From the website it said that the plumbing is on the INSIDE of the house within a core which appears not to come. So it looks like they have a smaller "inner core" circle an an outer one. :dunno: don't think u can build that here in IN with all the COLD.

That's why I want to see more of the construction. At some point the rotating part has to interact with the non-rotating part in such a way as to allow you to still flush the toilets.

As for the cold, I don't see how it would be any different than building a regular house here in Indiana.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Maybe the plumbing is part of the inner core that doesn't rotate.

That's what the website says, but again, it has to interact with the rotating part at some point, otherwise you either have to locate all gas and water on the interior wall (which means your kitchen and bathrooms aren't included in the rotating part) or you have a way to maintain the connection through a rotation. That's why I'd like to see details.

The Eagle's Nest in downtown Indy works this way. The outer section with the tables for seating rotates but in the inner section with the kitchens is fixed in place.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    They make swivel air fittings so I don't know why drains couldn't be done in the same way. Especially since drains aren't presurized. The electric would be easy. Copper rings and fingers.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2008
    Granite Falls, NC
    I can't build a rotating house, but I CAN make a revolving room...!

generic-beer.jpg

Archbishop

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    INDY
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom