• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Everyone compromises their principles at some point in time. Even Ron Paul would have to compromise to a certain extent if he gets elected to the BIG chair. It's a whole different story between being in Congress as opposed to being POTUS.

Our current President is a good example of that. He talked a big game before he was elected but even he found out how difficult it would be to deliver the goods to his left wing supporters. Hence the backlash he's facing now.

Ron Paul Supports Pro-war Pro-bailout Buddies Video
    "There is a limit to how much independence you can get away with"

supermahns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    A lot of conservatives are pro war. We have a lot of countries in the world that want to destroy us with terrorism. The only way to stop it from coming into our country is by fighting it over seas.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Good find. This will soothe the party-first Republicans voting in the upcoming primary.

I've got news for you: the party-first Republicans don't need soothing, and those who fret over Paul's inability to convince enough people to get the job done aren't party-firsters.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Everyone compromises their principles at some point in time. Even Ron Paul would have to compromise to a certain extent if he gets elected to the BIG chair. It's a whole different story between being in Congress as opposed to being POTUS.

Our current President is a good example of that. He talked a big game before he was elected but even he found out how difficult it would be to deliver the goods to his left wing supporters. Hence the backlash he's facing now.

Ron Paul Supports Pro-war Pro-bailout Buddies Video
    After more than thirty five years in Politics, Mr Paul is, by definition, a Career Politician.
    Why would we expect him to act like anything other than a Career Politician. :dunno:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Good find. This will soothe the party-first Republicans voting in the upcoming primary.
    This isn't even about that it's about compromise. The best candidate is the one who has the most potential to compromise while still holding on to as much principal as they can while moving the ball toward their party's ideology. They will be the most effective at getting things done. That is the deffinition of a leader.

The question is: Will Ron Paul be able to make those necessary compromises? Will he be a Leader?

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    This isn't even about that it's about compromise. The best candidate is the one who has the most potential to compromise while still holding on to as much principal as they can while moving the ball toward their party's ideology. They will be the most effective at getting things done. That is the deffinition of a leader.

The question is: Will Ron Paul be able to make those necessary compromises? Will he be a Leader?

Not sure I'd call someone who compromises with scum a leader. If that's the case Obama has been a great leader.I think a leader does what's right set the example and his inspires a direction and goal.

Americans have compromised consistently for progressive globalist ideals I would hope we stop compromising and draw hard lines in the sand but I'm not a politician so I don't understand the reasoning behind being a sellout.

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    A lot of conservatives are pro war. We have a lot of countries in the world that want to destroy us with terrorism. The only way to stop it from coming into our country is by fighting it over seas.

Put the kool-aid down and step away from the propaganda. It's refreshing.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Not sure I'd call someone who compromises with scum a leader. If that's the case Obama has been a great leader.I think a leader does what's right set the example and his inspires a direction and goal.

Americans have compromised consistently for progressive globalist ideals I would hope we stop compromising and draw hard lines in the sand but I'm not a politician so I don't understand the reasoning behind being a sellout.
    I'm not talking about giving up the farm here to "progressive globalist ideals" I'm talking about having the ability to make any kind of compromise at all and if you can then try to make them as close to your position as possible or as much as you are willing to give up. The question I would pose to any Ron Paul supporter is:

Will you be disappointed or be able to settle for anything less than a Constitutional utopia when Ron Paul has to make a compromise or can't deliver everything you thought he could? It will happen. He will compromise, they all do.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom