• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyoshi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Noblesville
    does anyone know what the 9mm that romeo carried in the newer version of romeo and juliet with leonardo dicapprio?

it looked kind of like a 1911 I think (been a while since I saw the movie) but the coolest thing about it was it had clear magazines and the grip was also clear so you could just look at the handle and see how many rounds were still in the clip without counting shots or ejecting the mag...

Anyways if any of you know what type of gun that was or if it is even a real gun that can be made/purchased please chime in:)

indyoshi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Noblesville
    This is the only image I could find of it... any ideas what it is?

rjgun2.jpg

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    Agreed. Looks like a 'skeletonized' Taurus with clear plastic grips.

A history lesson for you young punks, it was common during WWII to make clear grips for the 1911s out of the plexiglas gun turret glass from bombers. From time to time you can find these old grips (sometimes on old guns) for sale. So the concept of the clear grips used in the movie are actually nothing new, they date back to the mid-1940's.

The phrase "everything old is new again" comes to mind.

indyoshi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Noblesville
    I wonder where I could get one made like that... I dont care for all the gold.. I would most likely get it all stainless, but its pretty sweet looking and would sure turn some heads at the range :) it does look pretty similar to the PT92... kind of funny.. I almost bought one of those but instead got a sig saur SP2022

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Any competent gunsmith can skeletonize a gun for you.

Taurus actually makes a stainless gun with gold accents. But if you don't like the gold, they make the same gun in all stainless. It would make a fun range gun, but not suitable for carry as too many parts/springs would be exposed to all sorts of gunk and lint. Not an issue with a gun that goes from the safe to the range. I'd love to see photos of yours if you have this done.

indyoshi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Noblesville
    I definitely wouldnt use it as my carry... one, like you said, it may be a little too open to dust and dirt, two its too flashy, three, if I spent that much getting it made I wouldnt want holster wear on it.. it would simply be a display and range gun...

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    Agreed. Looks like a 'skeletonized' Taurus with clear plastic grips.

A history lesson for you young punks, it was common during WWII to make clear grips for the 1911s out of the plexiglas gun turret glass from bombers. From time to time you can find these old grips (sometimes on old guns) for sale. So the concept of the clear grips used in the movie are actually nothing new, they date back to the mid-1940's.

The phrase "everything old is new again" comes to mind.

As a "young punk" I've never heard of this reasoning before. Thanks for the "history lesson." I love learning not only the how but the why. Good stuff! :):

indyoshi

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 6, 2009
    Noblesville
    they are pretty close... same slide design anyways. its a kind of "dream" gun for me... since I saw the movie years ago I have wanted one like it, but never looked into it or had the scratch to buy/make one

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    As a "young punk" I've never heard of this reasoning before. Thanks for the "history lesson." I love learning not only the how but the why. Good stuff! :):

Glad I could help. It was actually considered quite an honor to receive a set of the 'clear' grips during the war. Obviously the material came from cracked or shot up gun turrets, and virgin material was in high demand for making new turrets so it was not used.

I call Beretta 84.
    Take a look at the shape of the Taurus Safety, the shape the Baretta safety and the shape of the Romeo & Juliette gun's safety. I'd actually rule out the Beretta based on that alone.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Yea, but look at the serations on the slide.... They look more like the Beretta.

A spot about the Airsoft website, on Tybolts Rapier.... How would the slide cycle if it was real? It doesn't even look like it could slide back far enough to eject a cartridge...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Look at the right side pic I posted, the right side of the Beretta is nothing like the movie gun. Besides, the Airsoft site and IMDB says its a Taurus :D

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    Ah..that's right, the older PT-92s had the smaller serrations on the slide. Could be PT-58 or an old PT-92C as well? To me, it looks too small to be a full size, atleast in the pic. I've never seen the movie and I don't really care to, either :D.

Taurus-PT92CS.jpg
    taurus_pt58.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ah..that's right, the older PT-92s had the smaller serrations on the slide. Could be PT-58 or an old PT-92C as well? To me, it looks too small to be a full size, atleast in the pic. I've never seen the movie and I don't really care to, either :D.

To be quite honest, the movie is actually somewhat good. I was supprised. I put off watching it for three years as I figured it to be a chick flick. To my drunken suprise, nope, it wasn't! A bit on the weird side, but then again acting futuristic and talking in Shakespearian is bound to take a turn down Strange Avenue... :n00b:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    This thread blathers on for the most boring 2 page thread I've ever read, but there's pics of most of the customized "sword" guns from Romeo and Juliet down at the bottom of page 1.

New-ish WE pistols. - Airsoft Canada

What, are they 12 year olds? geez...

I think that cutaway looks a lot like those cutaway models you can use to 'splain how a gun works. nice if you don't understand, but pretty much useless for carrying.

Top Bottom