• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I've been searching for an RIA tactical FS or compact in 9mm with no luck. Has anybody seen one lately around Indy? I saw bgf had a new GI for $429 but it was gone when I went back a few days later. I've also seen a few online but prefer to buy local.

I'm looking for new or used so I'm not against private sale. Thanks in advance.

J Starkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Kokomo
    I know you stated you'd like to buy local but I'd you decide to purchase online, centerfiresystmes.com gets them in often and they're usually under $400. I've seen them on sale for $329.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    You should put an add in the WTB section!

I already did that and after a few weeks and barely any views I chose to make this thread. This thread has been up less than 12 hours and Ive already got 2 positive responses and 1 smart ass response. Thank you for your contribution tho.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I know you stated you'd like to buy local but I'd you decide to purchase online, centerfiresystmes.com gets them in often and they're usually under $400. I've seen them on sale for $329.

Ive have looked at this website a few times but have read a number of negative reviews on them. Do you have experience with them?

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I already did that and after a few weeks and barely any views I chose to make this thread. This thread has been up less than 12 hours and Ive already got 2 positive responses and 1 smart ass response. Thank you for your contribution tho.

Thanks the Rep stating "thanks for your worthless contribution". Best of luck finding your gun. Silly me. I don't look threw and remember all the WTB adds and remember them. Sorry I missed that but thanks again for the rep anyway.

djhuckle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    I see them all the time at Plainfield Shooting Supply, but haven't been there in a while.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I was looking at the same pistol, but decided a Hi-Power made a lot more sense. 13 + 1 round capacity. The first one I paid $400 for and the second was $339. Just saying, if you want 9mm, why not a Hi-Power. Not trying to be a smart ass, and hope you don't see this as a worthless contribution.

Toolepqk

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.3%
    52   2   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    I was looking at the same pistol, but decided a Hi-Power made a lot more sense. 13 + 1 round capacity. The first one I paid $400 for and the second was $339. Just saying, if you want 9mm, why not a Hi-Power. Not trying to be a smart ass, and hope you don't see this as a worthless contribution.

The browning hi power is a nice pistol, how long have you owned yours? When I was researching them the prices I saw were much higher than what you paid.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The browning hi power is a nice pistol, how long have you owned yours? When I was researching them the prices I saw were much higher than what you paid.

A real Browning or FN Hi Power will cost much more then $400. A person could get into an FM, FEG or maybe even a Charles Daly for that price. I have owned and sold 3 Hi Powers over the years and have a real soft spot for them. Great guns! But I hate to admit that I enjoy my 9mm 1911 more.

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    You'll like the RIA 9mm when you get one, I liked mine so much I went and bought one in .45 also.
    As for the High Power comment, I love the looks of them but both my brother and I can't shoot them without getting hammer bit.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You'll like the RIA 9mm when you get one, I liked mine so much I went and bought one in .45 also.
    As for the High Power comment, I love the looks of them but both my brother and I can't shoot them without getting hammer bit.

Those are love bites. I had a Hi Power in .40S&W that just about chewed my hand off.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013

downsized_0620131139_zpsf6a0ba8d.jpg

My brother has 2 Browning Hi-Powers. One he bought new in the '80s. The other was made during WWII. Nazi insignia on it. 9 years ago I bought a Charles Daly for $400. Last spring I bought a FEG for $339. I would like a Browning, but I'm not paying for the name. If you do your homework, I think you will find that the Browning is not worth $600 more. All the parts are interchangable. I replaced an extractor with a Browning extractor last year. The Charles Daly is the top one and the FEG is in the middle. For me, it's the best pistol design ever made, but it's not for everyone. I just bought 2 more Mec Gar mags from Midway a couple weeks ago. They are for a Browning Hi-Power.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I bought and sold a Browning. It was like holding a compact with a hammer that liked the taste of blood. Besides, I hate magazine safeties. Picked up a Rock Island 9mm and haven't looked back.

Top Bottom