• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What's the general consensus on the M96?

I see that it is chambered for 223, so I'm guessing it's not recommended to shoot 5.56 Nato - that's a bummer.
    Does it take Pmags?
    What type of options do I have for changing the stock/flash hider/sights?

The reason I ask is because I'm thinking about trading my:
    NIB PTR 91 for a Very Good Condition (200rds Fired) Robinson Arms M96

What do you guys think?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    It should take Pmags. The one I looked at had an orilite mag in it. The ergos are amazing on it. I am a big fan of the left side charging handle.

Rifle looks great, little expensive IMHO.

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It should take Pmags. The one I looked at had an orilite mag in it. The ergos are amazing on it. I am a big fan of the left side charging handle.

Rifle looks great, little expensive IMHO.

Ahh! Here we are talking over long guns again! :yesway:

Where did you see one - anywhere around here? How much do they go for used/what price pt did you see it at?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Saw one at Gander Mtn one day about a year ago. I was stupid. The price tag had $700 on it because they didn't know what they had. Heck, I didn't know what they had. I thought it was some weird AR. I went back the next day after clearing up some finincial issues and researching the weapon and it was $1000. I had $700 but not $1000 at the time.

The gun is a work of art though. Very little plastic. They do take ar mags. They have an adjustable gas system which would be good for suppression if you ever went NFA.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have the 20 inch Expeditionary and am very happy with it. Mine is an early one, and there were two recalls on parts. At least in my case Robinson handled things nicely and quickly. About the only problem I had was because it was an early one, the op-rod wasn't the strongest and broke. Still was able to fire it, but charging the rifle was a bit tough. Bought the new style one and haven't had a problem since.

Just checked the manual of mine and nowhere does it say "5.56x45", but only .223. I have been using Sellier & Bellot almost exclusively. The boxes are marked ".223 Remington (5.56x45)"

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Thanks guys, mine should be here this week - if I don't like it .... (or want something else...) it'll be in the for sale section!!!

FinnM-39

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2008
    You should like the M96. I had one and traded it off, wish I hadnt , but such is life.
    As far as the chambering goes, i shot ALOT of LC 55 grain hard ball thru mine with out a single hic-up, or sign of anything wrong. I ran ammo ranging in slug weight from 45 grain JHP Winchester ,Barnul steal cased 55 grain FMJ, to S&B 62 grain M855, some was more accurate than others but all functioned flawlessly.

Keith

glockguy07

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    You got an m96? Like I said about the FS2000, if you are going to need help................................

:yesway: I took it to the range - but I won't lie - I like my ARs and their Parts Availability better - which is why I put it up for sale/trade

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Do you know of anywhere in NWI? I definately don't. Being a bit south, we have few gun shops and no gun shops that rent long arms.

Top Bottom