• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    First of all, I do realize that I am one of the few fortunate ones that has been steadily employed the last 15 months. But, one of the small prices to pay has been the 5 remaining employees in the dept where I work have had to carry the load of what used to be 11 people.

Today is the first day off I have been able to swing in MONTHS. I had planned on getting around and leaving Ft. Wayne about noon and arriving in Indy at 2:00. Well, I was just informed by my better half that I had already exhausted my "allowance" for my " gun stuff " for the month. :xmad:

Now, was thinking maybe I could salvage the day off and spend it at Roush range. But, there is still a little voice in my head that says that I'm already in the dog house for the weekend anyhow, so the road trip to the Fairgrounds still not out yet... I guess the lesson learned is next time I place an order to someplace like Missouri bullets, try to beat wife home so she doesn't have to wrestle it in from the porch. I guess in some peoples mind, something that weighs a ton, must cost a fortune. :cool:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    With a girlfriend, it's the dog house; with a wife, it's jail! Go ahead and plan an evening with your wife and make the two of you happy.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    After the last 1500, I really don't think you'll be missing much. I didn't find anything that I couldn't get for the same price or cheaper in local shops and online.

Not that there might not have been, but with so many people packed into that place it's tough to even look around. IMHO your day would be better spent at the range.

Of course, you have a much better chance of having your car burglarized at the 1500 than shopping online, so if your into that sort of thing...

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    After the last 1500, I really don't think you'll be missing much. I didn't find anything that I couldn't get for the same price or cheaper in local shops and online.

Not that there might not have been, but with so many people packed into that place it's tough to even look around. IMHO your day would be better spent at the range.

Of course, you have a much better chance of having your car burglarized at the 1500 than shopping online, so if your into that sort of thing...

Yes, I had heard all that. Was going more to see it for the first time. Biggest show I have ever been to has been the Ft. Wayne shows. And to pick up a INGO hat.

Have been checking the outside temp. Once it hits 45, will be heading to Roush. Will have a great day still. Haven't been to Roush since last fall. Been so busy lately, my only range trips have been to the OCC 10 miles from my driveway to just try a few loads now and then. While I like the club, its just not the same as spending a relaxing day at Roush.

Thanks for the suggestions.....

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Yes, I had heard all that. Was going more to see it for the first time. Biggest show I have ever been to has been the Ft. Wayne shows. And to pick up a INGO hat.

Have been checking the outside temp. Once it hits 45, will be heading to Roush. Will have a great day still. Haven't been to Roush since last fall. Been so busy lately, my only range trips have been to the OCC 10 miles from my driveway to just try a few loads now and then. While I like the club, its just not the same as spending a relaxing day at Roush.

Thanks for the suggestions.....

Well, it's definitely worth going to see at least once. It's neat to see that many guns and crates of ammo all in one place. The crowds thin as the afternoon wears on.

I'm just grouchy because I haven't had my full measure of caffeine yet this morning. :coffee:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Brother its your life and your day off. Im just saying.

I agree with that 100%. But, sometimes just got to pick my battles. Next show, I'll just make sure I don't order a 50-60 lb package the same week of the show. Or, at least make sure it comes on a day I can be here to carry it in. LOL

I will get there once. I do not like crowds, but will see it and it will be soon. Will need to check their schedule for the remaining year and plan accordingly.

mastery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Here
    Of course, you can always go by the old saying..."It's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission" :)

Top Bottom