• ...and so much more!
  • MontereyC6

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Greenwood
    I stopped by the range around 8 tonight to double check some new sights. In all honesty, the road was damp, but not muddy, and much flatter(no pits) and wider than when I was last in there a couple of weeks ago.

DemolitionMan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    Avon, IN
    I must be picturing this wrong...the new bays will be west of the clubhouse and will face east. Ummmmm...isn't that bad news for anyone in the clubhouse?

OTH, it would keep meetings short!

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I must be picturing this wrong...the new bays will be west of the clubhouse and will face east. Ummmmm...isn't that bad news for anyone in the clubhouse?

OTH, it would keep meetings short!

While I like short meetings,:D the plan is to build 2 bays side-by-side similar to what exists at Atlanta Conservation Club. People would be shooting into a tall berm (facing East) as their backstop. At Atlanta Conservation Club they have bays like this that actually face each other, and they're very safe due to the large amount of dirt.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Wow... that's outstanding. I may wind up coming in July or August to one of the board meetings to fill out an application for membership and this is just a little icing on the cake.

:yesway::yesway: to the board for approving this project!!

It was kinda rough going. We have one crotchety old board member who is very un-cooperative. At the end of the day though, they convinced me:):

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We have one crotchety old board member who is very un-cooperative. At the end of the day though, they convinced me:):

lol-cat-funny.png

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    140   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    Considering all the rain we've had lately the road was in pretty good condition this afternoon. Just a small place, about 6', that was damp.
    No muddy tires this trip. :):

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Thanks for the update!

Considering all the rain we've had lately the road was in pretty good condition this afternoon. Just a small place, about 6', that was damp.
    No muddy tires this trip. :):

Thanks for the update. We're working on getting this project completed ASAP, and I really appreciate members' patience as we work through the inconvenience of the muddy lane. It'll be awesome when it's done!

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    I was there a couple weeks ago and my little Honda Accord got stuck a couple times. At that time it was a very narrow path with big mud pits.

Glad to hear we are getting new shooting bays, I was trying to figure out why you needed all that dirt for a couple berms and where the heck you were going to put them in the range.

Will the new bays have some kind of cover over the end?

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I was there a couple weeks ago and my little Honda Accord got stuck a couple times. At that time it was a very narrow path with big mud pits.

Glad to hear we are getting new shooting bays, I was trying to figure out why you needed all that dirt for a couple berms and where the heck you were going to put them in the range.

Will the new bays have some kind of cover over the end?

If you're a club member and have specific questions about our project, please feel free to attend the next Board Meeting (July 6th, 7:30 PM). We should have more info at that time.

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    Compliments and appreciation to those who orchestrated this project :yesway:

There's one issue I haven't heard addressed yet though. Will the increased berm, or possibly even the bays, allow us to shoot centerfire rifle at all? (even 25 yds, to function check) I know ACC has different local reg's, but if the bays will be equivalent...?

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    If you're a club member and have specific questions about our project, please feel free to attend the next Board Meeting (July 6th, 7:30 PM). We should have more info at that time.

If you are not a club member come join.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Please attend our Board Meeting for Specific Questions

Compliments and appreciation to those who orchestrated this project :yesway:

There's one issue I haven't heard addressed yet though. Will the increased berm, or possibly even the bays, allow us to shoot centerfire rifle at all? (even 25 yds, to function check) I know ACC has different local reg's, but if the bays will be equivalent...?

Please see above post:

Top Bottom