• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Last time I drove into the range at Marion County Fish & Game, it was one long, slip and slide mud pit. I spent hours cleaning my car. Has anyone been there recently? How is it now? I did a couple of emails to the MCF&G site, but haven't heard anything back my way. Thanks.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I was there last week & it was still muddy, but passable. I haven't been there today, but, like stated above, would imagine it would be even more muddy/sloppy.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I was there last Monday (I forgot the range closed for juniors at 5:30!) and it was muddy, as expected. I will be going tonight and expect the same thing. I'm sure they are trying to make things better, but the weather is certainly not cooperating.

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    (I forgot the range closed for juniors at 5:30!)

The two years I belonged it seemed every time I went there was some sort of event that precluded free shooting. Juniors, 4H, Skeet, Blackpowder, Silouette, etc. Is it still pretty much like that? This seemed worst in the spring/summer. Wasn't so bad in the fall.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    what are you guys complaining about? I mean what more could a man (or woman) ask for.....go mudding and shooting and then mudding again all in one day...sweeeeeeet!

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The two years I belonged it seemed every time I went there was some sort of event that precluded free shooting. Juniors, 4H, Skeet, Blackpowder, Silouette, etc. Is it still pretty much like that? This seemed worst in the spring/summer. Wasn't so bad in the fall.

They have a number of events each week. It isn't hard to plan around. Some lock out the entire range, some lock out a portion of the range, and some not at all. I always check 2 things when planning for a range session: the weather report and the range schedule. Never had a problem that way.

Caspian

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Noblesville
    The board at Marion County Fish and Game has aproved to use the dirt that was donated to the club to install 2 shooting bays west of the clubhouse. The bays will have 25 ft back and side walls and we will shoot toward the east like our current range. We will use these 2 shooting bays to enhance our range by providing our members a place to shoot when the range is closed for a scheduled event. Our plan which is weather dependent is to complete this work by the end of August. Once we have the two shooting bays completed we plan to add gravel to our parking lot and to rework our driveway from the parking lot to the street.

Thanks for all or your patience during this construction.

Vince49

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2010
    Indy urban west.
    Fantastic! Appreciate all you do! Thanks Anton and the board of MCF&G. BTW I was there yesterday after the rain and as long as you take the hi path its no problem, I was driving a 1985 buick got a little mud on it but no biggie!

:D

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    The board at Marion County Fish and Game has aproved to use the dirt that was donated to the club to install 2 shooting bays west of the clubhouse. The bays will have 25 ft back and side walls and we will shoot toward the east like our current range. We will use these 2 shooting bays to enhance our range by providing our members a place to shoot when the range is closed for a scheduled event. Our plan which is weather dependent is to complete this work by the end of August. Once we have the two shooting bays completed we plan to add gravel to our parking lot and to rework our driveway from the parking lot to the street.

Wow... that's outstanding. I may wind up coming in July or August to one of the board meetings to fill out an application for membership and this is just a little icing on the cake.

:yesway::yesway: to the board for approving this project!!

snuffy33

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    140   0   0
    Apr 25, 2008
    Indy
    I'm going Thursday afternoon. I'll let y'all know if the storms in the forecast for tonight make the road any worse. :rolleyes:

mpholic

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    install 2 shooting bays west of the clubhouse....We will use these 2 shooting bays to enhance our range by providing our members a place to shoot when the range is closed for a scheduled event.

Outstanding idea.

Is it the first Tuesday of the month to come to a meeting and join?

smitty12b

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 19, 2008

Would this be something FNS could use? If so I see outer limits in the future:rockwoot::rockwoot:

mhs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Hmmm.... Two U-shaped bays. Big berms on the main range. Almost sounds like they could have a small USPSA match.

Top Bottom