• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    If you don't know what cornhole is and you are only reading this thread to make some perverted derogatory remark, please refrain, neg rep will follow, along with me asking the mods to delete the post.

This is just a feeler thread to see what the numbers look like. We can't have too many folks, but I was thinking about doing a non-shooting event (dare I say, I know). I have some property and want to have a BBQ (maybe a hog roast) and hold a small cornhole tourney with a winner's prize, maybe a $5/person to cover expenses of the hog and misc.

This will be family and children friendly. Plenty of room for the kids to play, maybe a volleyball net or something, who knows where this might go.

I am setting the date to fall in place with the opening Friday of the INDY 1500 so that maybe some folks not from Indy would like to attend, with maps to the local motels, and if anyone would like to offer a coach or spare bedroom, that is up to you.

When: Friday, June 4
    Time: 4pm-11pm (promptly at 11pm,sorry I have to work that Sat)
    Where: Greenfield, IN (My Place)
    BBQ= Pitch-In

Yes I know the music in this video is hillbilly, but its kinda fitting right?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdbOMzLKdbA"]YouTube - How to play Corn Hole![/ame]

Last edited:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Man, I was going to say I would be in, and even volunteer to make some delicious pulled pork (or roast the hog if you need a roaster), but on June 4th I'll be in Honolulu enjoying my honeymoon!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    cornholio_2.png

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Oh man I wish I could make it. I have just enough time to make it to the 1500 Friday, but have to be back right afterwards because we are fryin up some calf nuts. Cutting 250 calves tomorrow and Thursday. I would even save some of them and bring some to the BBQ if it was on a different day.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Oh man I wish I could make it. I have just enough time to make it to the 1500 Friday, but have to be back right afterwards because we are fryin up some calf nuts. Cutting 250 calves tomorrow and Thursday. I would even save some of them and bring some to the BBQ if it was on a different day.
    Wait, you're cutting them today and tomorrow, but not frying them up until June 4th? And that June 4th date is set in stone this early in advance? Not criticizing, it just seemed from the manner of your post you thought he was talking about have the cookout this weekend when in fact it isn't until June.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    Great Scott, BBQ!

My wife is scheduled to work that evening, but I would really like to stop by for awhile and meet a bunch of you guys. Put me as a yes to attend, no to dinner, and I'll bring a mess of desserts to leave for the meal, I may only get to stay for an hour or so.

If there is anything specific you need (menu-wise), please ask.

Do you want us to bring our own chairs?

infidel

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Wait, you're cutting them today and tomorrow, but not frying them up until June 4th? And that June 4th date is set in stone this early in advance? Not criticizing, it just seemed from the manner of your post you thought he was talking about have the cookout this weekend when in fact it isn't until June.

Thanks for catching that. I guess I just didn't look at the date and thought it was for the 1500 this weekend.

Put me down for a definate maybe for the June 4th date. I'll freeze some of the nuts I'm about to cut and bring them if you guys want. If you've never tried them, then you have to!

If I come I could bring another cornhole set if needed.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    elijaharchiive
    Top Bottom