• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The chairman of the Republican National Committee has issued a blueprint for 2016. He believes that Romney came off as too conservative, and he was made that way by having too many primary debates.

He also wants to start spending millions of dollars canvassing urban minority neighborhoods.

RNC Chairman Reince Priebus will announce 'autopsy' plan Monday that will map out blueprint for GOP recovery following 2012 failures
    Desperate to combat the GOP’s reputation as a party of old white men, the Republican National Committee plans to spend $10 million this year to court minority voters.

Priebus, who will unveil the program Monday, said the party will dispatch hundreds of paid staffers to minority communities across the country to engage with blacks, Latinos and Asians — a part of the electorate that went heavily for Obama last year.
    Priebus also said he believes there should far fewer debates than the 23 held during the Republican primary season last year. The high number of debates is a factor political experts believe led Romney to take more conservative positions so he could win the nomination — views that came back to hurt him with middle-of-the-road voters during the general election.

Last edited:

Super Bee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The Establishment wants hypocritical statists to be shielded from too much exposure.

Fewer debates = fewer flip/flopping comedy reels on YouTube.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I love this strategy.

Step 1. Lie to the republicans to get the nomination.

Step 2. Lie to the entire nation to win the election.

Step 3. Do whatever your overlords tell you.

Step 4. Profit!!!???

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    As one commenter on Facebook said, "they're going to spend $10 million on minority outreach...but how much did they already spend trying to suppress minority voting?"

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Seems to have worked pretty well for the Dems. I don't see why anyone would be surprised by this. If you can't beat em, join em.

One of the news channels was talking about a recent polls concerning the current approval rate for the POTUS. 46% vs 96%. The only difference between the groups was the color of their skin.

Any candidate foolish enough to take the podium and discuss reality and the logical steps required to fix what's broke ain't got a chance in hell of being at that podium after the election. The American people have spoken and American Idol is more important.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The Primary Debates aren't what destroyed Romney. He mopped the floor with his opponents there, displaying a kill instinct that never once came into play against Obama. And he certainly didn't appear "too conservative," placed alongside the likes of Rick Santorum and his furious and effective denunciations of Obamacare. If anything, Romney came off very moderate in those Primary debates.

What destroyed Romney was six straight months of unrebutted "Bain Capital" ads, with the ominous audio of Romney singing an off-pitch rendition of "America the Beautiful" in the background, and with no effort made by Romney to define himself, or explain why there was nothing wrong with the work he did there. The Stan Greenbergs of the Democrat party knew Obama was losing Independents by double digits, but they also knew most of those people could be encouraged to stay home when "educated" about Romney's Bain Capital background. What did those people say in focus groups? "I don't really like Obama or anything he's done...but I didn't realize Romney was such a slimeball capitalist - maybe I just won't vote for anybody this year."

So Turnout was down by millions...and the Democrat early-vote canvassing efforts carried the day. Done deal.

The Republicans could have their primary tomorrow, cancel all debates, and spend the next 3.5 years canvassing the 'hood - but it won't fix this problem of how people define capitalism, why economic freedom isn't a bad thing, why people who work to get rich actually make the country better, and why the Republicans can't seem to wrap a message around the concept of trying to bring America back again. Until they can articulate that message, mean it, and make people believe in it, nothing else matters. If people continue to believe "capitalism is broken" and "the average man doesn't have a chance," they will run screaming into the arms of Mommy Government at the first sign of economic uncertainty, every time.

(And don't sell us this tripe about "Romney wasn't conservative enough"...tell that to Dick Mourdock - or Joe Donnelly).

Last edited:

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    My god, too conservative? people didnt vote because he wasnt conservative enough. These republicans will believe whatever the media says wont they? Why are they so stupid? there is no hope for this country if they change their views on gays and illegals. I mean i dont think there is any hope right now, well i guess i do hope, right? sell me bullets!

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    The bottom line is that had Romney received as many total votes as McCain did 4 years earlier, he would have won. Why did that not happen? He has been on both sides of most every issue and came to us with ObamaCare as a primary issue which he expected us to react by voting against the man who put feet on in by voting for the man who invented it. In most regards, the difference was negligible. Now, that moron running the RNC thinks he was too conservative. Whatever Priebus has been smoking, he really should stop.

My interpretation not only of what he said but picking now to say it is that Rand Paul is already gaining traction and the establishment has no intention of allowing that to happen.

Seems to have worked pretty well for the Dems. I don't see why anyone would be surprised by this. If you can't beat em, join em.

One of the news channels was talking about a recent polls concerning the current approval rate for the POTUS. 46% vs 96%. The only difference between the groups was the color of their skin.

Any candidate foolish enough to take the podium and discuss reality and the logical steps required to fix what's broke ain't got a chance in hell of being at that podium after the election. The American people have spoken and American Idol is more important.

I will agree two out of three. The problem with 'if you can't beat them, join them' is that this is exactly the reason why the GOP is consistently losing. The leftist Democrat is going to carry the left/Democrat vote. That is not going to change under any circumstances, especially with the Dems consistently fielding candidates from the hard left. The GOP can't wrap its collective mind around the idea that there is only a small field of truly independent voters and they cannot win by driving the conservative base to the point of telling them to drop dead and go straight to Hell in the name of trying to win these few middle of the road voters.

A good solution would be to take a strict constitutional approach. By advocating federal hands off of some of the more contentious issues where they don't belong in the first place, the few who are truly in the center could be appeased without driving the base to staying home on election day. Incidentally, it would also help immensely with the problem of the government outgrowing its boundaries. If we could get someone like Rand Paul into a general election, I have no doubt that he could mop the floor with any likely opponent. Getting him past the GOP is going to be the problem, especially given that the establishment is apparently taking a swing at him already.

As one commenter on Facebook said, "they're going to spend $10 million on minority outreach...but how much did they already spend trying to suppress minority voting?"

I suppose that works if you consider any effort to make sure that the people voting are properly registered citizens who only vote once minority vote suppression.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Just more proof the Republicans don't get it. Their prescription for failed strategy is to double down!

They are talking about attracting groups - women, minorities, gays, whatever - as if groups of people have homogeneous values.

What they should be talking about is what they used to represent - personal liberty, personal responsibility, personal advancement and small government (not smaller government). That's why a guy like Ron Paul could garner so much support with a media and political blackout of his real positions. And why his son won the straw poll at the last CPAC meeting.

They won't nominate a guy like that because they know he isn't establishment and he would probably win a general election. That's dangerous to their power and the Dems power as well. Everyone in power has an interest in seeing a real candidate kept off of any ticket. And kept off he will be.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

none. At least not for LEGAL minorities.

I wonder if by conservative, They mean Romney was not outgoing enough? not attacking the Left like he should have? Surely, Noone really thinks his politics were too conservative?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Rush has said for decades that trying to be Democrat Lite is not a winning strategy. You can't out-liberal the liberals so why try. If people want the liberal agenda why would they vote for a weaker sister of it. Go right and stay right.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Rush has said for decades that trying to be Democrat Lite is not a winning strategy. You can't out-liberal the liberals so why try.

Well... they definitely aren't interested in conserving Conservatism so what other options do they have?

They can paint the town red if they want... it won't matter. The economy will continue to falter, the dollar will continue to lose value and the citizens will continue to give away liberty.... I'm not sure why we keep hoping politicians will save us. They are the ones who got us here....

Change will come by the sword of the civilians... the question is... How long can the government keep the theater curtains open before the people realize the movie is over?

Eventually... enough will be enough

Top Bottom