• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    Ever notice how these riots always occur in areas usually democratically controlled since the Stone Age? If there was real oppression, why doesn't the unrest occur in the areas that are comprised of all the racists and misogynists?

The money of soros and those like him not spend in the red states?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think another thing causing the angst especially in the Millennials is the Comedy-as-news shows like Steven Colbert, Jon Stewart and others. They use some pretty stretched out hyperbole and then these young idiots take the hyperbole as fact. And now they believe all these crazy things. Where in the hell could anyone have gotten the idea that Trump was going to put all LGBTs through "conversion therapy" for ****s sake!
    Exactly. Another good example was this whole Trump/KKK thing that Obama himself was espousing in campaign trail speeches right up close to election time. The whole "white supremacist/whitelash" thing is even carrying over post election right now. Dangerous stuff that leads to a constant volatile divide.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Are you implying that it's a sort of dog whistle? I've said this before. Trump isn't a great communicator. His speech is very plain. Colloquial. Much is left to infer.

My wife sometimes does that. For example, the other day I had to work later than usual. She said, "you're always late getting home from work". I know that's not what she could have meant because I wasn't late yesterday, or the day before, or the day before... What she really meant, it was really inconvenient for her that I was late that day and she's not happy about it. But that's not how she said it.

Trump talked about deporting Mexicans. I inferred from what he said that he had to mean the illegal ones. But the press ran with "Trump wants to deport all Mexicans" because that makes him most poopy. And then they attack his supporters because they must be bigots to support him after that.

I think Occam's Razor applies here as much as anyplace. He didn't say it the way you would have best understood it, because he's not a polished speaker. I doubt it was a dog whistle.

Let's take this quote for example:
    "When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're sending people that have lots of problems. They're bringing Drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists."

Is he talking about all Mexicans that come to the US? No. He's only talking about the illegal that sneak over here. Is he talking about all illegal immigrants? No. He's talking about the ones that do those things. To infer from that statement that Trump plans to deport all Mexicans is absurd. I can see the press asking him to clarify. But they just ran with "all". So now many hispanics are panicking because the press made that straw monster.

I think it's fair to talk about how screwed up things must be to have a guy like that as the only alternative to a criminal. But to say he's saying things the way he says them as a sort of dog whistle to get bigots to follow him is imaging things are more complicated than they are. As POTUS Trump will need a speech writer just to have a State Dinner with foreign diplomats to make sure he doesn't offend people accidentally.

^^^THIS^^^. Well said, jamil*(nhrn)

60,000,000 people voted for him. Are all 60million racist bigots? If so, the people in these outgroups have much bigger problems than Trump

Take away Trump and you still have 59,999,999 racist bigots. Its a problem of scale

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This, this, and this.
    It's fascinating how the media, ever quick to ridicule others for lacking subtlety and the ability to use reason and understanding, play dumb and deliberately fill in the lines of the words for someone they dislike who is running for political office, and do so consistently to imply the most sinister way possible?

Don't forget though. Trump did help them out with that.

Jamil used the word "colloquially," as if Trump was speaking off the cuff. Maybe he was, and if so, that still doesn't exclude the very many people that believe his words in their specific sense. You'd be hard pressed to convince most people that he had in mind ALL people, when he referenced Mexicans (which is typically a catchall for Latinos), Muslims, and inner city folks.

Well first, at the time he said that, pretty much everything he said was "off the cuff". He didn't read from scripts.

But that's not what I meant by saying colloquial. Trump speaks in everyday language. It IS off the cuff, but it's the informality that I'm talking about.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    So why the protests now? Let this rocket scientist explain it.

[video=youtube;zFVzGIzODMo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFVzGIzODMo&feature=youtu.be[/video]

The part that made me laugh and snort in disbelief was when she complained about just how unfairly Bernie Sanders was treated.
    Yeah, that's right.
    Excuse me, but wasn't this the exact same Bernie Sanders who was deliberately torpedoed by the chairman of the DNC colluding with the Clinton campaign, the same Bernie Sanders who only days ago it was revealed who had debate questions fed to his opponent (Clinton agaub...mock surprise!) by the exact same media conducting the debate?
    Isn't this the exact same Bernie Sanders who, but for Wikileaks, no one would have known had had the electoral process flagrantly stacked against him by the very party on whose platform he ran?
    And this extra special snowflake was perfectly happy to now vote for this exact same Clinton who was colluding with both the chair of the DNC and the media to take out her one credible primary opponent?

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    You guys quit picking on Kut.......He has to go on duty to stop the Carmel riots.......:):

Kut just remember....Turn NPR on real loud and have some moccha handy and you should get through it okay....If it gets real bad just shout out "CELTIC WOMEN ARE HAVING A FREE CONCERT TONIGHT DOWNTOWN!!!!"

And then put Orinoco Flow on your loud speaker...You'll get through it....

That's like catnip for those people.....(I can call them "Those People"....Redneck River Rat Hilljack Hood Pass....:))

[video=youtube;SRDHxikluMo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRDHxikluMo[/video]

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Always notice how these "non-hate" crimes are 10+ blacks attacking a white person. I'm sure him being white had nothing to do with it. If it was the other way around MSM would call it a lynch mob.

Well yeah, there is only one group in the world that commits hate crimes..... (hint, it's not the chinese)

Top Bottom