code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

What?

I don't think Jamil is Chinese.

No. I'm not. I'd be considered very tall if I were. And, I'm so fair complected that I have to spell suhn wrong or I get burnt.

Proof? He has a very Confucius way about him.

As far as I know I have German and Irish heritage. I'm not gonna prove that I'm not chinese on an internet forum, but if I ever manage to drag myself down the hill to visit Indiucky, he'll vouch for it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    You don't think that beat down was because of cultural hatred?

Please tell me what that was about then.

I thought he was being beat up because he voted for Trump? Have we not seen that before? Or are we going to play both up?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I thought he was being beat up because he voted for Trump? Have we not seen that before? Or are we going to play both up?

What is at the root of hating Trump then if it's not culture? If it were white hipsters that beat up the Trump supporter--okay, stop laughing, it's just to make the point--I would say the same thing makes the difference. Culture. This thing that's going on is a culture war.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    What is at the root of hating Trump then if it's not culture? If it were white hipsters that beat up the Trump supporter--okay, stop laughing, it's just to make the point--I would say the same thing makes the difference. Culture. This thing that's going on is a culture war.

You a slippery fellow to hold down Mr. Jamil. I'll allow it. And for the record, I've seen white hipsters throw down.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    If this is not enough to be a hate crime then maybe we should just throw out the hate part and treat them all as the crime they are.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And another thing, the hatred on the right for the left, for Obama, for his policies, that's largely cultural too. Culture can drive ideology and ideology can influence culture. You see different cultural behaviors between white liberals and white conservatives. And you see the same kinds of cultural differences between black liberals and black conservatives. Culture can transcend race you know.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If this is not enough to be a hate crime then maybe we should just throw out the hate part and treat them all as the crime they are.

Hey, look at that. A point that actually makes sense. I think people have made that argument before.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    And another thing, the hatred on the right for the left, for Obama, for his policies, that's largely cultural too. Culture can drive ideology and ideology can influence culture. You see different cultural behaviors between white liberals and white conservatives. And you see the same kinds of cultural differences between black liberals and black conservatives. Culture can transcend race you know.

So it's a people thing?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    You a slippery fellow to hold down Mr. Jamil. I'll allow it. And for the record, I've seen white hipsters throw down.

I've argued with libertarians. I understand "slippery". I'm not trying to be slippery. This is what I believe based on my observations. If I'm going to try to put my finger on the root of the violence in that video. It's us vs them, it's culture.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So it's a people thing?

That's kinda simplistic. It's like saying breathing is a people thing. Well, yeah, but there's more to it than that.

As I said, it's a cultural war, and it's getting more violent, and mostly on just one side of it. Show me some videos of Trumpers ripping Hillary voters out of their car and beating the **** out of them because they dare to support a different candidate.

Top Bottom