• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville
    7) Lastly, is protecting your personal property worth it? Your life, absolutely, but property? Where do you stand...or what would you do?

In this situation I shouldn't have to ask if it's worth it. They should be asking themselves if violating my property and the well being of all occupants is worth "IT". Right now there is nothing to discourage rioting, looting, vandalizing, and even killing in these situations. Last night's rioting in North Carolina was captured on video. Hundreds were shown destroying property and hitting police with stones or bricks. 16 police officers were injured and only one person has been arrested so far. WTF?? Innocent people are getting hurt, their property and neighborhoods are being destroyed, and the governing attitude is to be politically correct vs stopping the barbaric behavior of these criminals. Spineless politicians should NOT be re-elected.

My attitude towards this stems from my sister fleeing St Louis because she feared for her life when the riots in Ferguson were happening and spreading into her neighborhood. A woman in her 60's should not have to deal with such violence and destruction especially when she had nothing to do with any of it.

SteveM4A1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 3, 2013
    Rockport
    lol, touche

Lol.

If you were referring to a manufactured home, yes it is still generally covered for both the dwelling and personal contents. Obviously, read the policy contract to make sure though.

I'm with you on this one Kut. I would round up the wife, the bunny, and the gear and get out if I could. Bug out, get to safety. My stuff can be replaced.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    If I could leave, I'd make my way to safer areas. There's plenty of places outside of town I can go to. Get a motel, hotel, a friend's house.

Even though my set of condos are pretty much out of the way, there's no telling how bad a situation can get. I don't live in a bad part of time, but like anyone smart, I have a plan.

Now if I'm driving through the bad towns of Indiana...and we all know which ones and a riot unfolds in front of me...I get out of there fast. Take back alleys and any streets I can find and just keep on driving.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I would have said this sort of thing was not an issue in a small rural town like mine...

Then a few months back, the lights went out because a riot broke out over who got elected to the town council, and an angry mob tore down a couple of utility poles with their trucks...

Greyson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2016
    Irvington/Indy
    Happy for those of us who have planned a place to stay safe.

JMHO: A "safe place" depends on how bad it gets. Hopefully, not that bad, but people know that the Amish have food stored under the bed.

I hope that enough of us are around (not 'bugged out') so that society may be placed back into some resemblance of order.

Somemedic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nothing says "this isn't the house you're looking for" like one with a shotty at ground level and one on a sandbagged over watch on the roof of the house.

Snow fence.... or better yet, barbed wire on the outside perimeter of the house would help define the kill line.

Don't start none, won't be none

Cool Breeze

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Fort Fun
    Genuine question, likely with a definite answer and reason, but i'm just unsure: In a mob situation/tidal wave of people attacking/advancing on you or your property- not just out in the street... Say you have a 9mm for example, do you specifically use hollow point/defensive ammo, or just let ball ammo fly?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Genuine question, likely with a definite answer and reason, but i'm just unsure: In a mob situation/tidal wave of people attacking/advancing on you or your property- not just out in the street... Say you have a 9mm for example, do you specifically use hollow point/defensive ammo, or just let ball ammo fly?

If I need to shoot, I'll shoot whatever I have. If all I have is ball ammo, then that's what I'm shooting.

But I've got hundreds of rounds of Gold Dots and lots of loaded mags. It's a pain when I go to the range and have to unload and reload all my mags before I can shoot, then load them back up again when I'm done, but that's the price I pay to have lots of mags filled with good ammo.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    If I need to shoot, I'll shoot whatever I have. If all I have is ball ammo, then that's what I'm shooting.

But I've got hundreds of rounds of Gold Dots and lots of loaded mags. It's a pain when I go to the range and have to unload and reload all my mags before I can shoot, then load them back up again when I'm done.

I have range mags and SD dedicated mags.

Watch the video in the thread where the woman shoots at and runs off the home invaders.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...man-shoots-burglars-during-home-invasion.html

This is what (IMHO) you will get from 95% or more of any mob even if they are armed.
    There will be those that will not take flight but the majority of those people are not actually brave.
    Brazen yes, brave in the face of actual direct gunfire..............Zoooooom.....gone.
    Does anyone rioting actually want to die.......Probably not.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I have range mags and SD dedicated mags.

Watch the video in the thread where the woman shoots at and runs off the home invaders.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...man-shoots-burglars-during-home-invasion.html

This is what (IMHO) you will get from 95% or more of any mob even if they are armed.
    There will be those that will not take flight but the majority of those people are not actually brave.
    Brazen yes, brave in the face of actual direct gunfire..............Zoooooom.....gone.
    Does anyone rioting actually want to die.......Probably not.

I don't have mags dedicated just for the range. Any mag I don't trust well enough to carry gets thrown away.

And yeah, I watched that video, and I know bad guys will likely run as soon as the lead starts flying. I just like having lots of mags loaded with quality hollow points because... hey... you can never have too many bullets. Unless of course you're either swimming or on fire.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I don't have mags dedicated just for the range. Any mag I don't trust well enough to carry gets thrown away.

And yeah, I watched that video, and I know bad guys will likely run as soon as the lead starts flying. I just like having lots of mags loaded with quality hollow points because... hey... you can never have too many bullets. Unless of course you're either swimming or on fire.

Same mags for the range as my EDC/SD. Quality pieces.
    Took some time and effort to make that happen (and cash.......lots of cash) so in the end everything is reliable.......:)

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn

But I've got hundreds of rounds of Gold Dots and lots of loaded mags. It's a pain when I go to the range and have to unload and reload all my mags before I can shoot, then load them back up again when I'm done, but that's the price I pay to have lots of mags filled with good ammo.

For each pistol I own, I have a 'range mag' for it...example, for my Glock 19, I simply picked-up a 10-round magazine for it at a show for just a few $$...keep it simple and I don't have to go through all the loading-and-unloading of magazines when I shoot.

I do, however, rotate through loaded and unloaded magazines...I keep 2 'empty' magazines (no pressure on the spring) for 90 days...and then rotate through and take 2 more out of the rotation for 90 days.

Greyson

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2016
    Irvington/Indy
    I have heard that it is not the pressure of being loaded that wears a mag spring. It is the cycling of it from full to empty and back repeatedly (fun!) that stresses and weakens it.

Top Bottom