• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I almost bought a used Walther Colt 1911 .22LR replica that was used but didn't b/c I could buy it new for about the same price.
    It did get me thinking about this gun again, however.
    I've had about all of the 1911 .22LR replicas during my 2+ years stent here, and just haven't had the Walther Colt one and thought I'd try it out, but never quite pulled the trigger b/c of the doubt I have.
    For the past 2 weeks, it did get me researching again since I've wanted to try out the Walther Colt 1911 .22LR.

Walther insists they make it in Germany "in one of their plants."
    But on gun sites you read about how Umarex is really making it (and a half dozen others selling under other manufacturer's names) and read where Walter owns the Umarex plant, so they can get buy with lying about it being from a Walther plant.
    Most people have ammo related issues with the Umarex 1911 guns and their are known issues with weaknesses from the Umarex treatments of the 191 being made "on the cheap."
    This is a $300ish gun, but I had S/W M/P Compact that I bought for $300 at Rural King years ago, and it was totally reliable and was as accurate as you'd expect from a a $300 +/- gun.

Run from this Walther Colt like all the other Umarex 1911 replicas, or its OK?

For what's worth my little brother has had one of the walther Colt for a couple years and it shoots real nice. The mags hold more than the gsg I had as well, dandy pistol!

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    This Talo Dragon 10/22 is sharp, IMO. Almost makes me want to jump into the rimfire game !

78233-DEFAULT-l.jpg

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    ...not yet....Christmas has put a dent in my wallet this year ! :(

Neighbor told me the same last night when lamenting why he couldn't spend money on something.
    He has 3 young kids, the time when Xmas is magic and you have to have fun with it.
    Now, as my kids are grown and the the grandkids are teens, it is mostly just gift cards: no magic with the gifts, just fun to be together.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Neighbor told me the same last night when lamenting why he couldn't spend money on something.
    He has 3 young kids, the time when Xmas is magic and you have to have fun with it.
    Now, as my kids are grown and the the grandkids are teens, it is mostly just gift cards: no magic with the gifts, just fun to be together.

Yup, Xmas fun when kids little.
    My youngest is 21.
    All girls, gave them the Xmas cash so they could shop on Black Friday.
    Seems kinda bad, doing it so early.
    I'll proly go bowhunting Xmas morning, they'll be doing hair/hogging bathroom and going to the ol lady's relatives.

I just want it over with.

Weekend after Xmas I'll hit the club.
    Now seeing some youngsters with their new (or new to them) .22 rifles.............that's a sparkle on the day and holiday season AFAIC.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I shot a MK2 10" w a scope way back.

Scoped an 8" slab sided and felt it was still too much.
    Might have been OK w a Romeo 5.

IMHO the MK to have is the 6 7/8" tapered bull.
    Balance and look, if keeping it iron sighted.

The 10" works for Production class. And the new stuff D&T so folks can scope em easy for some long range fun.
    I'm to the point I want a handgun to be, well..............handy.
    Just sold my 14" Contender bbl in .35 rem.
    Cool.............but halfway to rifle.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Look what else is new.... https://ruger.com/products/markIVTar...eets/40173.htm
    The 10" target is back!

I have a MKII version of the 10" - a great shooting pistol when I could see the sights well. These days it just sits in the safe as I cannot get a clear sight picture with the open sights. I'll probably sell it eventually as I shoot the shorter barrel versions with red dots or 1X scope.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Just ordered a bunch of TandemKross stuff from MidwayUSA for my new Mark IV pistol. Midway has just about everything TandemKross on sale and with free shipping on orders over $49 - like who orders less than that?

The new Mark IV I ordered is a standard model with the 6 inch tapered barrel.

Top Bottom