• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Bought a Tacsol 10/22 trigger off of Turbo a few months back and pretty much forgot about it until he sent me a text with a picture of the package. A few days later it showed up!

Exactly what I did(nt) need...an excuse to build. Again, blaming the enabling on Turbo.

Leaning towards either the Odin chassis or the FAB Defense stock. OD and stainless throughout. Undecided on optic yet. I have an inexpensive AT3 Tactical on my fairly stock 10/22 right now that I enjoy, and a Nikon Prostaff Rimfire on the build for my significant other that I haven't had enough time behind to come to a conclusion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I always vote for the chassis. Very few instances where going the chassis route might be regretted.

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    I always vote for the chassis. Very few instances where going the chassis route might be regretted.
    Very true, although the price of admission for that particular chassis is a bit tough to stomach, considering furniture would still need to be purchased. Upside obviously is the modularity.

That being said, this will be pieced together over time, so saving a bit for the chassis makes some sense.

Out of the other "tactical" options, I do really like the FAB over all the others. Don't think I'd be unhappy with it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    There is the PMACA chassis as well.

Chassis* options for the 10/22:
    PMACA
    ModShot
    Enoch Odin
    Crazy Ivan
    KIDD Tactical Chassis
    Spectre 10/22 Chassis (Don’t know if they do international shipping)

There are probably others as well as well as lots of conversion kits out there.

*I’m picky and don’t count options as a chassis if it’s made from polymer

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Got my smooth factory taper SAP " take off" bbl. Dropped jnto the old fingergroove. Slapped the Freedon EFR back on. Reg factory bbl rear sight would have contacted objective w low rings.

Damn its ugly. Just throws the lines off. If it shoots good ill need to gunkote it ( matte finish is more grey than thought ). And have to add a ramped front sight ala Rem 700 or something.

Too snooty without something up front. Factory iron sight bbl looks good. Might send to CPC.

Not enough wood to inlet for my GM heavy taper bbl. Know its a shooter. There would be wood but thin and they were prone to cracking w factory bbls.
    So major inletting not an option.

Need a bbl between the GM HT 19 and the factory.
    Of course that means Kidd for 200 plus.

Not gonna go that route

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Had some fun sighting in this combo last night on my SW22 Victory. VQ barrel, VQ rail, Romeo5 red dot and Sig SRD22X suppressor. I almost giggled it so was much fun. Might have to put this on a rest and play around at 25 or 50 yards just to see what it's capable of.

attachment.php

attachment.php

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Had some fun sighting in this combo last night on my SW22 Victory. VQ barrel, VQ rail, Romeo5 red dot and Sig SRD22X suppressor. I almost giggled it so was much fun. Might have to put this on a rest and play around at 25 or 50 yards just to see what it's capable of.

attachment.php

attachment.php

WOW! :thumbsup:
    Great looks.
    Great parts.
    Great groups.
    Great fun!!!
    Nothing I like better than dialing in sights on a target.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

attachment.php

attachment.php

I was hoping that barrel would be a good catalyst for more enjoyment out of your Victory... :thumbsup:

dbg326

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 17, 2018
    Wells, ME
    There is the PMACA chassis as well.

Chassis* options for the 10/22:
    PMACA
    ModShot
    Enoch Odin
    Crazy Ivan
    KIDD Tactical Chassis
    Spectre 10/22 Chassis (Don’t know if they do international shipping)

There are probably others as well as well as lots of conversion kits out there.

*I’m picky and don’t count options as a chassis if it’s made from polymer

As per our conversation a bit earlier, I'm a bit conflicted.

We were finally able to get the "Tiffany 10/22" out to the range for zeroing and function testing. Ran perfectly aside from two failures to feed from a brand new BX-25. I'll take that as a win. Very nice shooter, from the bench as well as offhand with the Nikon Prostaff's adjustable zoom.

My dilemma is this: I envisioned my build to be a tactical inspired rifle. Not something trying to imitate an AR type rifle mind you, but something practical, somewhat inspired by the Israeli usage (as controversial as that may be...). Chassis or FAB Defense stock, lightweight barrel, and a nice trigger with some kind of low power optic or red dot.

I really enjoyed shooting off the bench though... I refused whenever I was with Turbo, for the fear that he was going to cost me money, but actually having to sight in a rifle made it somewhat necessary. I really enjoyed it, and enjoyed the challenge of stacking rounds in on top of one another. I enjoy my current 10/22 (Hogue stock, red dot, reliability mods) as a simple, overall good rifle. I really don't need anything more. It's fun, accurate, and I'd have no qualms of handing it to someone without fear of them dropping it or accidentally banging it into something. I will be building my "tactical" rifle, but do I need an excuse to spend more?

I may just be trying to justify a new rifle...then again a Henry AR7 would satisfy the throwaround rifle desire, while still having a military pedigree, and being somewhat practical. That would free up my current 10/22 to undergo modifications to become more of a dedicated bench rifle. Then again, I (not my wallet) would enjoy two ground up builds. Or, do I buy an RPR or American and gear that for the bench?

Word vomit over. Maybe someone can sort through that mess of a description of the gun side of my brain.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Couple of thoughts:

-It will be easier to get the accuracy out of the RPR, worst case is you might need a new barrel to maximize it.
    -I picked up an RPR off of CM, I have zero expectations that it will outshoot the wife’s built 10/22
    -I haven’t shot it yet, but I find I much prefer the trigger and bolt in my American than the RPR, I’ll be curious to see how much the RPR smooths out with use
    -The RPR is a cheaper way to a good shooting rifle than a built 10/22, but fewer options for making it yours
    -I love the concept of the Henry AR7, hates how it felt shouldered. The stock is a very awkward shape. I’d probably build a takedown 10/22 if I wanted to go that route.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Who has the smaller orange clay pigeons in stock?
    Git big ones but theyre too big.

Want to line some up at 100.

Offhand shooting for me, bench for the ol lady.

Love killing clay pigeons LOL.

Last edited:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Who has the smaller orange clay pigeons on stock?
    Git big ones but theyre too big.

Want to line some up at 100.

Offhand shooting for me, bench for the ol lady.

Love killing clay pigeons LOL.

Buy a bag o' dumdums. 3/16" drill bit and a 2x4. Place suckers in holes. Place 2x4 at 50 meters.

Enjoy. Cheaper than pigeons and if you can hit more than 5/10 offhand, I'll buy the beer when next we meet.

P.S. They are tastier than the clay pigeons too.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My 455 aint good enough w Blazer.
    The 1022 piney special hasnt been tested yet.
    The ol lady was under the weather today or wed have hit elwood.

Been lugging a box of reg clays in my jeep forever

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    When I was younger around 8 yo I would set up little plastic army men and pretend I was a sniper and shoot them with a 22lr single shot at 25 feet. A lot of commies died those days let me tell you. This was when we still hated Russia and China. The Cold war era.

Top Bottom