• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Is this a big deal?

I never could figure out what made everyone so excited....

"you dont have to pay union dues"

Big...... deal? What made this so... angsty for everyone?

localone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jul 22, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Does everyone really think they can just walk into a union hall and get a job now? I dont understand. If there is no work than there is no work.

Packrat67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    This was NOT worth all the fuss. MOst Union guys will stay that way. Contracts are still in effect. No jobs will be lost. all the fuss was political, Democrats need the campaing cash that the unions send. If you opt out of the union your dues cannnot be forwarded to the DNC. that is issue pure and simple

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I guess the whole mess of union supporters marched through the SB Village after Mitch signed the bill into law. Wonder how many of them were actually from Indiana.

From the FOX 59 page:

"The workers began to march in protest of the bill’s passage. Thousands of protesters marched down Capital Avenue, into Super Bowl Village and straight through Georgia Street.

Among the protesters, some saw this as a visible way to make their point. Others considered it a protest of the Super Bowl itself.

"We're walking through this area because we're pretty sure the NFL players union wouldn't want to play in a state that harbors such laws that are anti-worker,” said protester John Andrews."

189240540-01094332.jpg

I'm so very impressed with the guy carrying the sign that said "Corporate Suck @$$" Yeah, that's the impression the union folk "from Indiana" wants to give a world who is focused on a football game.

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Not law yet...

July 1 is generally the start-date for everything signed during the legislative session.

-J-

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Channel 6 is reporting that union members are planning on trying to shutdown the superbowl. And the teamsters have said they will park trucks aroud the stadium entrances and on freeway on/off ramps

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This was NOT worth all the fuss. MOst Union guys will stay that way. Contracts are still in effect. No jobs will be lost. all the fuss was political, Democrats need the campaing cash that the unions send. If you opt out of the union your dues cannnot be forwarded to the DNC. that is issue pure and simple

^^^Simply this^^^

Just follow the money. Your questions will be answered.

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    To All,

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the AFL-CIO the percentage of Union jobs in Indiana is 10.9%, so let's say 11% are Union.

This means that 89% of our jobs are already nonunion.

Is that 11% so important that a Right to Work Law will turn our economy around? Really???:dunno:

Do not misunderstand me. I have really mixed feeling about the Right to Work. On one hand I don't think a person should be forced to join a Union to get a job, just like I don't think a person should be forced to join a neighborhood code just to buy a home.

That said, I don't like the fact that a union is forced to represent everyone in the shop even if they don't pay for the service.

All that aside I really think that the propaganda surrounding the passage of this law is really blown out of proportion.

11%. Really???

Regards,

Doug

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    To All,

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and the AFL-CIO the percentage of Union jobs in Indiana is 10.9%, so let's say 11% are Union.

This means that 89% of our jobs are already nonunion.

Is that 11% so important that a Right to Work Law will turn our economy around? Really???:dunno:

Do not misunderstand me. I have really mixed feeling about the Right to Work. On one hand I don't think a person should be forced to join a Union to get a job, just like I don't think a person should be forced to join a neighborhood code just to buy a home.

That said, I don't like the fact that a union is forced to represent everyone in the shop even if they don't pay for the service.

All that aside I really think that the propaganda surrounding the passage of this law is really blown out of proportion.

11%. Really???

Regards,

Doug

Sure, let's settle for 89% freedom.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Is this a big deal?

I never could figure out what made everyone so excited....

"you dont have to pay union dues"

Big...... deal? What made this so... angsty for everyone?

What made it so angsty for certain people? Less money to the unions = less money to the Democrats! ;)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I guess the whole mess of union supporters marched through the SB Village after Mitch signed the bill into law. Wonder how many of them were actually from Indiana.

From the FOX 59 page:

"The workers began to march in protest of the bill’s passage. Thousands of protesters marched down Capital Avenue, into Super Bowl Village and straight through Georgia Street.

Among the protesters, some saw this as a visible way to make their point. Others considered it a protest of the Super Bowl itself.

"We're walking through this area because we're pretty sure the NFL players union wouldn't want to play in a state that harbors such laws that are anti-worker,” said protester John Andrews."

This is kind of funny because Arizona (1), Florida (3), Georgia (1), Kansas (1) Louisiana (1), North Carolina (1), Tennessee (1), Texas (2) + Indiana (1) = 37.5% of NFL teams are in RTW states. We only ever hear them complain when they're the ones not getting paid.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus

From the FOX 59 page:

189240540-01094332.jpg

I'm so very impressed with the guy carrying the sign that said "Corporate Suck @$$" Yeah, that's the impression the union folk "from Indiana" wants to give a world who is focused on a football game.

I'm surprised that The Reverend Jackson and his rent-a-riot crew haven't shown up yet. :crying:

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Channel 6 is reporting that union members are planning on trying to shutdown the superbowl. And the teamsters have said they will park trucks aroud the stadium entrances and on freeway on/off ramps

There ya go. Those will really be some ways of "supporting the working man", huh?

Top Bottom