• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bb37

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    North of US40
    If golf is a good walk spoiled, is rifle golf a good day at the range spoiled?

It's an interesting idea, but it looks like it would take a lot of land to pull off. Practical out west where they have lots of wide open spaces. Much more challenging around here with high land prices, safety concerns, and noise issues. Maybe easier to do with handguns or shotguns than rifles.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    90 miles north of Salt Lake? I've got family in Logan. Visit relatives, play rifle golf, sounds good. Finding time to go...problem.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    When I saw the title I figured they were playing golf with the golf ball launcher attachment for ARs. Now THAT would be fun.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    They make those launchers for other rifles too. ;)

They have 10,000 acres there for the range so yeah, it takes a lot of land.
    I didn't say let's make a range here, though a handgun version might just work, good idea. :yesway:.
    I was thinking moire of a INGO Road trip. That would be a hoot I think.

Anyway, it does look like a lot of fun to me. Maybe I can find a reaso to go out there as well.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    My first thought as well, plus I don't know anything about shooting at distances that far... haha. I'd fare much better with a handgun at closer ranges.

I do, I shoot out that far whenever I am able to find a place to do it. :D

Handgun golf would be fun too though, I sorta suck with a handgun at distance though.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    i have done something similar but it test the shooters ability more than anything. For my "shooters golf" everyone has a 22lr (or share a rifle for all it matters) and thats the only "club" you get. Pick a spot were you want to end up (remember you have to shoot a golf ball at that distance) and paint a circle on the ground with the size varying on the distance of the "hole" and the shooters skill levels (anywhere from 3' to 15' circle). Set a golf ball out in front of the shooters line about 30 ft and you have to shoot the golf ball and get it to land in the circle you painted on the ground. Person with the lowest number of shots wins. If your ball flys out of bounds its a one shot penalty to set it back in bounds. This can be done on MOST ranges because a golf ball at 100 yards with a 22lr is a fairly hard shot for most people and most ranges are 100 yards. To make it more difficult make the "hole" a smaller circle. If you shoot your ball beyond the "hole" you can set it back for a 1 stroke penalty. Shooting under the ball will make more of a "chip" shot but it harder to predict.

Top Bottom