• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bw210

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Sep 24, 2009
    Kouts, IN
    RIA's offer a very reliable weapon at a ridiculously low price. Some people will complain they have "MIM" parts - but whatever. I have a 5" and a 4" and will eventually get another one. Trigger is comparable to Springfield. Everybody who has shot mine said "wow" and got themselves one.

Bellshire on Gunbroker has the best prices - $385 shipped for 5" & $435 for 4" Tactical.

Customer Service is also excellent. I would carry either of my RIA's in place of my EDC Springfield EMP without worrying.

A fantastic way to introduce your self to the world of 1911's

bwhamilton

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2009
    GREAT guns at a GREAT price.

arnel is an amazing gunsmith, and if there's a problem, he will fix it and then some.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a RIA Compact have never regretted the purchase. It is accurate and reliable and I did not have to sell one of my kids to buy it. I also have a Springfield and a pair of Kimbers and the RIA compares very well to, and in some areas exceeds, all of them. Definitely the best band for the buck in the 1911 world.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    One of the best bang for the buck deals on the market today, IMHO. Ours were accurate and reliable.

AverageMidwest

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fishers
    Another RIA thread.....I own one and have had some updates made to it. I did end up sending to Arnel for some work, and it's now flawless. My take would be that it's an excellent piece for the money - BUT the odds of having something wrong out of the box are somewhat higher than would be the case with a higher priced 1911/clone. That being said, you likely won't have any problems, and if you do, RIA customer service is, in my not very humble opinion, head and shoulders above, say, Ruger's. If you really want in depth info, reviews, etc, take a look at the RIA forum on m1911.org.

FYI - the Arnel that folks keep referring to is Arnel Bernardo, gunsmith at Armscor. He's an excellent smith, and his custom pieces are works of art.

cornfused

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 15, 2010
    out east
    Responses like listed above is pretty much all I ever hear about RIA's

Although yesterday I just had my second stove pipe with mine in 350 rounds. I had not cleaned it since the previous trip and was using WWB which is becoming popular for causing some problems in some guns sometimes.

My compact is still my EDC, love it.

johenz

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Indianapols, IN
    I have an RIA compact. Love the authenticity of the weapon. Takes me back to my Army days and my issue 1911. It does have an FTE problem, though. It goes in for warranty work next week.

r3126

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 3, 2008
    Indy westside
    A great 1911 regardless of price.

DSC_0001.jpg

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Mine was supposed to arrive back from Arnel today by 2pm (didn't make it).
    The barrel has gone in for work. Now they have the whole gun.
    I will say that their customer service is very much aimed to please you and get things right...I just haven't had the "heavens parting and a beam of sunlight falling on a perfect gun" experience, yet. (I say "yet" because I'm still hoping it happens just like I keep reading from everybody else!)

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    My compact had to be sent back for failure to return to battery. The only thing I was not a fan of is having to pay overnight shipping to send a gun back that was only a few weeks old. It has been 100% since I got it back, took probably 3 weeks the entire process including shipping so thats not too bad imo. Also did some nice polishing and tuning it up. Cant complain about that.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom