Revisiting Firearms Insurance - ArmsCare Plus?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Got an email from the NRA, again promoting ArmsCare Plus. I'm considering signing up.
    How many INGOers use this? Experience? Anyone have a claim?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    A certain amount is free with membership. Other then what is offered free, no I do not carry additional.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013

Got an email from the NRA, again promoting ArmsCare Plus. I'm considering signing up.
    How many INGOers use this? Experience? Anyone have a claim?

Sounds to me like a great way for the government to get you to self report your weapons ownership.

Snizz1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Sounds to me like a great way for the government to get you to self report your weapons ownership.

Really, how so? No serial numbers involved... Unless you consider strictly having a set value makes you a target. Could also mean you have one very expensive gun.

This would be the least of my worries.

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    The link I posted will ask you for a set amount of coverage whether it is 10k or 35k , whether or not you store them in a safe , and then they tell you the premiums ! They ask about a few other things such as jewelry etc , it's there once you start the process . No serial numbers , no pictures are required for coverage .

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    The link I posted will ask you for a set amount of coverage whether it is 10k or 35k , whether or not you store them in a safe , and then they tell you the premiums ! They ask about a few other things such as jewelry etc , it's there once you start the process . No serial numbers , no pictures are required for coverage .

Was it mentioned whether it covers insured firearms in a vehicle? ArmsCare advertises that they do. NRA Endorsed Insurance Program for NRA Members, Clubs & Business Affiliates

Ballpark $ figure on your premium vs covered items?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not NRA but when I priced insurance through State Farm the premium was roughly 1% of the guns value. I did not pursue it further because my agent was a tool. I have since switched agents and the new one is should be gun friendly. I know because when I was interviewing new agents I asked if he was a gun guy. He was taken by surprise a bit but admitted that he carried a pistol daily. Then he wanted to know why I asked and I told him that I noticed he was printing badly. Needless to say I switched agents the same day.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have homeowner's through State Farm as well. I know there is a fairly low limit on firearms. Wonder how they cover reloading equipment and components?

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Last edited:

scootn103

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Just to compare apples to apples as far as a quote I used the same amount of coverage at armscare and collectibles insurance , they both have surcharges , but the premium was exactly half of armscare . It may not be half for your coverage since for there is no way for me to know the value of your collection .

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    That I do not remember , but it is a toll free call to get all your questions asked . It is really inexpensive for the coverage , armscare has a calculator posted to get you an idea .

I like the simplicity of getting the info and quote spelled out with a few clicks. They show a couple of endorsements from those who have had claims also. :yesway:
    I'm leaning towards ArmsCare on the idea that my annual premium would be +/- $100. Time involved and piece of mind in "knowing" them through their ties to my NRA membership is outweighing the annual premium savings, so far anyway.

Top Bottom