• BDC or Crosshair Reticle?

• Total voters

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Just wondering what INGO's preference on scope reticle is. I am debating a new scope and not sure what reticle I'd rather have.

This is between a Bullet Drop Compensation (BDC) and plain crosshairs reticle.

Application is mostly target shooting.

So let me hear what reticle you prefer and why you prefer it.

Last edited:

ghostdncr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Louisville
    Neither, really. I prefer a mil dot unless it's a BDC type dedicated to a particular military rifle/ammo combination, such as the US M21 and its Leatherwood ART II or the Russian Dragunov SVD and its PSO-1 scope. I could never see trusting a committee of engineers to design a BDC scope for some other manufacturer's rifle and yet another manufacturer's ammo or even worse, my reloads. Way too many variables there to suit me.

Between the two choices offered and only for target shooting, I'd probably go with a plain crosshair and awesome turrets.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    For pure target, the simple crosshairs seem to work well. Most BDCs are approximates, at best, and even the 1-2" even a good one may be off at 300yds is enough to cause turret adjustments.

As mentioned above, a mil- or moa-based full ranging reticle offers advantages in many uses, but they are not as useful for KD target shooting.

Top Bottom