• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    D.C. Lawmakers Propose Requiring Students To Apply To College | Fox News

Apparently the chuckleheads in DC have got it in their heads that they should have laws requiring their students to take the SAT/ACT (paying the fees for those tests, mind you) and apply for a college/trade school. This would also establish a mandatory workshop teaching the DC school students how to apply.

Before jumping on any hyperbole bandwagons:

1. The requirement is to APPLY, not attend. No one would be forced to attend any college.

2. This is only meant to apply to the local DC school system. It is NOT a nationwide initiative.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Hell, why not?

We already cede 12 years of our lives to the state.

Why not give them 4 more years of compulsory education?

Why not let them force us into the workforce too?

Keep getting those worthless degrees.

Keep taking on those debts.

Keep those dollars flowing into the College-Industrial Complex.

Keep ignoring the fact that corporations & government have joined forces to legally enslave us.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    D.C. Lawmakers Propose Requiring Students To Apply To College | Fox News

Apparently the chuckleheads in DC have got it in their heads that they should have laws requiring their students to take the SAT/ACT (paying the fees for those tests, mind you) and apply for a college/trade school. This would also establish a mandatory workshop teaching the DC school students how to apply.

Before jumping on any hyperbole bandwagons:

1. The requirement is to APPLY, not attend. No one would be forced to attend any college.

2. This is only meant to apply to the local DC school system. It is NOT a nationwide initiative.
    I saw that today on Fox. I thought just another area where politicians want to control our liberties. I agree this is a DC only initiative but someone will get it into their heads that this should be a federal initiative.

The state wants to take the place of parents and perpetually breast feed it's citizens.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    I do believe DC has one of the highest dropout rates, AND DC students also perform on the bottom portion of the grading scale (they get some of the worst grades in the US). So ..... Apply all they want, theres a better chance they wont get into 99% of colleges. Something needs to be done about Pre-college schooling before they can compete in the college market

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    If they get in, presumably the government will pay?

uncle_sam_i_want_you_personalized_poster-p228084792625607523t5wm_400.jpg

They probably ought to work on improving the standard of education in the District, so that the kids' HS diplomas actually mean something.

This is like building a house on a foundation of sand.

Last edited:

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    This isn't an unprecedented move. Illinois already requires and pays for all students to take the ACT. And Indiana has something called College GO! Week when most colleges across the state waive app fees and many English teachers, career teachers, etc, require their students to apply to x number of schools as part of their grade. So keep your eyes peeled 'cause this could be coming our way in the not too distant future.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    so·ci·o·path

   /ˈsoʊ
    thinsp.png
    si
    thinsp.png
    əˌpæθ, ˈsoʊ
    thinsp.png
    ʃi-/ Show Spelled[soh-see-uh-path, soh-shee-] Show IPA
    noun Psychiatry . a person, as a psychopathic personality, whose behavior is antisocial and who lacks a sense of moral responsibility or social conscience.

This seems to me a fitting description of those currently entrusted to make decisions on our behalf, who make decisions that are COMPLETELY void of any rational or logical thought whatsoever. DC's graduation rate is pathetic, while they spend an obscene amount of taxpayer dollars to achieve this pathetic grad rate. Not to mention that government controls the loans to schools and pulls the strings for those that provide said education. I know this instance a local thing, but Libs have an unnatural way of spinning projects like this that are "for our good". "Think of the children (and the elderly)" is the nuclear weapon of guilt and fear tactics to sway public opinion and soon enough, this madness will be at a state/city near you ladies and gentlemen!
    At what point does this country erupt due to insanity such as this?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    If they get in, presumably the government will pay?

uncle_sam_i_want_you_personalized_poster-p228084792625607523t5wm_400.jpg

They probably ought to work on improving the standard of education in the District, so that the kids' HS diplomas actually mean something.

This is like building a house on a foundation of sand.

No, most likely it will be ANOTHER unfunded mandate.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Just another example of a law that the Federal government (who ultimately runs DC) has no Constitutional authority to pass.

Top Bottom