• ...and so much more!
  • Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I currently have a Sig SP2022 9mm that is my EDC gun and also my nightstand gun. I have been thinking recently about getting something smaller and more comfortable to carry because the Sig is just a bit big for IWB. Although i would ideally like to have both, i can currently only afford to have one. The reason i cant really decide are for the following reasons..

I dont have a good holster for the Sig, but am afraid to spend almost $100 on a supertuck only to decide that i still am not happy.

I like the ability to mount my tac light on the Sig for the nightstand, which i cant do with the Kahr. I also like the capacity advantage of the Sig. I believe these are the main reasons i cant decide otherwise it would be a no brainer and would go with the Kahr.

I guess what i am asking is, would getting a better holster for the Sig be the better choice?, or am i just being stupid about the whole tac light thing, because i really really like the Kahr. I guess it boils down to what is more important, a good nightstand gun or EDC gun..what are your thoughts fellas?

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    I like the 2022 I have but I wouldn't really consider carrying it because of it's size. I haven't had any experience with Kahrs but I've never heard anyone say bad things about them...

What kind of holster do you currently use for carry for the 2022?

Mark in GA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    I'm new here. I don't know much about the Sig, but I have had 3 Kahr's (PM9, P9, K9 Elite) and I can answer questions about those for you. What would you like to know?

Mark in GA

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I have a Kahr TP-45 that is my carry gun. It is definitely thinner than my previous carry gun (a G19), but I also upgrade my holster from BladeTech UCH to a Comp-Tac Minotaur spartan, so I cannot definitively say that it was the thinner gun vs. the new holster that made it more comfortable. I will say that I got a new carry gun not because the Glock was too thick...I just liked the Kahr better.

Anyway, without knowing what holster you are using, I really cannot say what I would suggest. Based on the information you have provided, I think a new holster would be the route I would lean towards. But that is based on incomplete information.

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It's always going to be a trade off; there is no one perfect pistol. It's a fact, single stacks are more comfortable and easier to carry than a double. If you are going for home defense, there's a lot to be said for double stacks. If you can only afford one pistol, you have to decide which situation needs to drive your choice.

Any pistol can be a home defense weapon. But, if a pistol is to big, heavy or cumbersome to carry, you'll probably quit carrying. If you decide on the carry option, keep two extra mags next to it on your bedside table.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have an uncle mikes holster right now, no stores near me have anything else IWB that fit it. Thats why i mentioned the supertuck, but i am just leary of spending that kind of money on a holster only to decide that i still am not happy with it. I definitely am not going to let it keep me from carrying, but just wondered if a holster would change my mind on getting something else. Aside from the holster issue, i am pretty confident that i would get the Kahr if it wasn't for the Sigs ability to mount my tac light. I know it may sound dumb, but for some reason that is the main reason for wanting to keep the Sig at this point, because as i said i really really like that Kahr.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    I had a Kahr CW9 for about two years, but traded it off on another gun. I liked the gun and it always did a good job for me. Oh, by the way, I think Kahr has one of the best triggers out there on a production gun. JMHO.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    After I purchased my CW9 my Glocks [comparible size and weght to Sig] have resided in the safe. I keep a good flashlight on the night stand next to the Kahr. The Kahr is just so easy to carry.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    After I purchased my CW9 my Glocks [comparible size and weght to Sig] have resided in the safe. I keep a good flashlight on the night stand next to the Kahr. The Kahr is just so easy to carry.

I was thinking of just picking up a good flashlight and doing the same thing, cant bring myself to spend almost $100 on a holster when that Kahr looks like it would carry comfortably in about anything. I guess maybe i just feel bad for getting rid of the Sig, because i really do like it other then reasons stated. :dunno:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    my EDC is my 2022 with a light attached and I have no issues carrying it all day. the gun isn't that big really especially for a fullsize gun.

booey50

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    nw indiana
    I carry a full-size m and p inside the waistband and have never had an issue with it being uncomfortable. Depends on where u carry it at, I use to carry at 3 o clock but it alwAys hurt my hip so I moved it to 430 or 5 o clOck position
    And cannot feel it is there anymore. For summer carry I bought a taurus tcp and carry that when it is really hot though

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I believe you should purchase a good carry belt and holster. Will you not purchase good carry equipment for the Kahr? Any gun can feel like crap when it's in a bad holster. It's also true that the biggest gun can disappear and feel extremely comfortable when the proper equipment is used.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Got a kahr pm40. Great little gun. I did a little mini review the other day on here. I really like mine so far. Trigger is GREAT but may take a few rounds down range to master for some people.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I believe you should purchase a good carry belt and holster. Will you not purchase good carry equipment for the Kahr? Any gun can feel like crap when it's in a bad holster. It's also true that the biggest gun can disappear and feel extremely comfortable when the proper equipment is used.

Yes i would get a good holster for the Kahr, but still probably not a supertuck. I understand what you are saying, but i have heard of some that had pistols close in size and weight to my Sig that said it was great at first, but still ultimately ended up getting tired of the size and weight and got something else. I guess i am thinking of the holster issue the way my bro-in-law put it "thats alot of money to spend on uncertainty". I guess i just dont know if it is just the holster, or if it is boredom..lol

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Yes i would get a good holster for the Kahr, but still probably not a supertuck. I understand what you are saying, but i have heard of some that had pistols close in size and weight to my Sig that said it was great at first, but still ultimately ended up getting tired of the size and weight and got something else. I guess i am thinking of the holster issue the way my bro-in-law put it "thats alot of money to spend on uncertainty". I guess i just dont know if it is just the holster, or if it is boredom..lol

I do get what you are saying, but the better option, IMO, is to get a second gun. The only reason I considered carrying a small pistol is for deeper concealment, not comfort. I would never give up the capacity of a larger gun over a smaller, simply for comfort. I would even carry a Glock 19, which is VERY comfortable when carried with the right holster, over the Kar CW9. I've seen a few people go with smaller guns for comfort and come to realize that it's the holster that makes the difference. Besides, the Crossbreed has gotten very good reviews on INGO and other boards.

Now, if it's the case that you just prefer the Kahr over the Sig, that's a different story.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I do get what you are saying, but the better option, IMO, is to get a second gun. The only reason I considered carrying a small pistol is for deeper concealment, not comfort. I would never give up the capacity of a larger gun over a smaller, simply for comfort. I would even carry a Glock 19, which is VERY comfortable when carried with the right holster, over the Kar CW9. I've seen a few people go with smaller guns for comfort and come to realize that it's the holster that makes the difference. Besides, the Crossbreed has gotten very good reviews on INGO and other boards.

Now, if it's the case that you just prefer the Kahr over the Sig, that's a different story.

Cant really afford a second gun right now, so the Sig would have to be sold or traded, otherwise that is without a doubt what i would do. I realize that the Crossbreed's have gotten excellent reviews here and all over the internet, which is why i mentioned it. I really dont think i know what i want to do at this point. Another option would maybe be to get the Kahr now for carry, and down the road get a shotgun for home defense..who knows, just too many options i guess. :dunno:

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Cant really afford a second gun right now, so the Sig would have to be sold or traded, otherwise that is without a doubt what i would do. I realize that the Crossbreed's have gotten excellent reviews here and all over the internet, which is why i mentioned it. I really dont think i know what i want to do at this point. Another option would maybe be to get the Kahr now for carry, and down the road get a shotgun for home defense..who knows, just too many options i guess. :dunno:

What I would do in your situation is keep the Sig, use the setup you have now. Take the $100 you were going to spend on the holster and save another $100-$150 and buy a used PF9 or LC9. That or save a little longer and get a used CM9 or CW9.

Bigdad_e875

Still here...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    What I would do in your situation is keep the Sig, use the setup you have now. Take the $100 you were going to spend on the holster and save another $100-$150 and buy a used PF9 or LC9. That or save a little longer and get a used CM9 or CW9.

I dont really have any interest in anything else besides the Kahr. I forgot to mention my other big issue..patience..lol, i dont know if i could wait long enough to save for it. Plus the wife thinks this gun habit is dumb, so she will likely make it difficult to save for it, at least in a reasonable amount of time...but it is actually mostly my patience that is the problem though.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I dont really have any interest in anything else besides the Kahr. I forgot to mention my other big issue..patience..lol, i dont know if i could wait long enough to save for it. Plus the wife thinks this gun habit is dumb, so she will likely make it difficult to save for it, at least in a reasonable amount of time...but it is actually mostly my patience that is the problem though.

Well you are sorta answering your own question. Do whatever you want man, your $$, your call. Cant go wrong with a Kahr, but if you haven't shot any other pocket 9s you may try them before deciding for sure.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

Another huge issue you will have is changing your avatar. What are you going to do about that? :D

Top Bottom