• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moltke

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2011
    Springville
    I recently had a house fire and lost the lot, but one thing that did survive was the gun safe. Buuuuuut, some the guns inside did get scorched ... or thats what I would like to call them. I was hoping I might get some thoughts on products or routines that could help me blue the barrels and clean the stocks that could bring them back to looking something like their old selves. Just random long guns (Yugo SKS, 10-22, couple shotguns, Mauser, ... ) that have their wood darkened and the barrels scorched somewhat. Just looking for thoughts. Thanks,

Bigdee06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 1, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    Thats bad news to hear and I hope nobody was hurt in the fire. How extensive is the damage to the firearms? Depending on the extent of the damage you have a few options. If you have any pics it would probably help everyone give you some input on the different routes you can go. Have you got in touch with your insurance agent and see if its covered under your policy? Also if your a NRA member I think that they offer some compensation as part of your membership. I'm sure everyone is also interested in what kind of safe you had and what the duration of the fire was. I guess I answered your question with a bunch of my own but it will be easier to help you if we all had a little more information.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Sorry about the fire, I know Birchwood and Casey have some stuff to strip and reblue the metal and polish the wood. Look on their website, or I know Dicks had the stuff last time I was there.

Top Bottom