• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Just received this as a forward... thought I'd share with the class in case anyone is interested in letting Rep. Carson know how his constituents feel about the Health Care reform that's being bandied about:

Subject: Health care event in Indianapolis tomorrow
    [FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] [FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] On Friday, MoveOn members are gathering in Indianapolis to show Rep. Carson that constituents are counting on him to support real health care reform. Can you make it?
    [/FONT]

[/FONT] Dear MoveOn member,
    Your local MoveOn Council is organizing an important event tomorrow in Indianapolis—can you be there?

We're taking action at events like these because this is a make-or-break moment—right-wing extremists are crashing political events around the country and trying to dominate the public debate over President Obama's agenda.

We can't let that happen in Indianapolis. Local MoveOn members are making sure Rep. Andre Carson knows that we're counting on him to support health care reform with a real public health insurance option that will help expand coverage and bring down costs for all of us.
    The event is on Friday, Aug. 21, 2009, at 10:00 AM in Indianapolis. Click here for more details and to RSVP:
    Yes, I'll be there on Friday at 10 a.m.
    Sorry, I can't make it.

Here's the description provided by the event host:

Congressman Carson will be at the Highway to Health Care RV tour, and he'll speak to the urgent need for real health care reform this year! This is an AFSCME and Organizing for America event for health care reform. For additional information please contact Shawn Phetteplace at 703-606-2396.
    Please attend and thank Rep. Carson for supporting a strong public option!
    [FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] Rep. Carson needs to hear from his local constituents. R[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]ight-wingers are doing everything they can to hijack the debate—they're even using fraudulent [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]tactics, like bringing people who don't live in the district to town halls.1 That's why we're[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] organizing "Real Voices for Change"—[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]an ambitious campaign to show that the overwhelming majority of Americans continue to support Obama's plans for change.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]We have numbers on our side, but [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Rep. Carson[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] won't know it unless we all show up. Coming to this event is a timely and easy way to[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif] make sure thoughtful constituents are heard in the public debate over health care.[/FONT] Can you join us on Friday at 10 a.m.?
    Yes, I'll be there: MoveOn.org Political Action
    Sorry, I can't make it: http://www.moveon.org/r?r=51683&id=16912-9867545-S9ByUNx&t=6
    Thanks for all you do.
    –Nita, Anna, Ilya, Matt, and the rest of the team.
    [FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]Source:[/FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]1. "Local Fox Reporter Attends Town Hall And Finds 'Some Attendees Admit They Don't Live In The District.'" Think Progress, August 4, 2009.
    Think Progress Local Fox Reporter Attends Town Hall And Finds ?Some Attendees Admit They Don?t Live In The District?
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 5 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.
    [SIZE=-2]PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, MoveOn.org Political Action: Democracy in Action. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to Someone on August 20, 2009.

[/SIZE][/FONT]​
    [FONT=Arial, Verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]

Last edited:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    I know this doesn't need to be said, but I feel the need for a disclaimer:

I was a bit annoyed that it said all these right-wing extremists are busing in people and trying to take over the debates. If anyone goes to this, please be sure to be respectful and responsible. Other than that, have fun.

As someone on my email list said, "Isn't it interesting that they always schedule these events when the productive members of society are working?"

Top Bottom