• ...and so much more!
  • paintball_addiction

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    184   0   0
    Sep 9, 2009
    SW of Indy
    Okay, so I think I know the answer to this but I gotta ask. I feel like a noob asking this but here goes.

I bought a Sig 522 and I'm trying to remove the flash hider so that I can put my Tac 65 on. The problem is that I don't know how much force I need to use to get it off. I don't want to hurt anything else on the gun. Is the flash hider held on with some Loctite maybe? If so, how do I overcome that? A little heat?

I have a feeling that the answer to this is that I just need to use a little more force but I want to check before I proceed. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    Is the barrel 16" long? If the total length of barrel plus flash hider is 16", then the flash hider will be welded on and illegal to remove(you'd end up with a barrel length of less than 16", which would make it an SBR).

Assuming this is not the case, make sure there is not a small hidden pin somewhere stopping you.

Elsewise, Talk to indygunworks. He's smart and will probably know the answer.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Bring it to me, and ill get it off for nothing more than some milk money.... if its locktited on no problem... if its perm. attached ill be able to tell you then.

Top Bottom