• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Like many others I was anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Remington R51. But now that people have got their hands on it and done some testing... Well reviews are less than stellar. Wait - let me say pretty negative. One of the reviewers I have complete trust in Military Arms Channel not only reviewed one of these guns, but Remington upon seeing the that review sent him a TE (Testing & Evaluation) gun. Sorry to say in this recent (14 April 2014) second review it did not fair much better. So I though I would just list a few video reviews and written reviews so those interested in this gun didn't have to look all over for info on this new R51. So you can make a better decision. I would note that you can find positive reviews on the R51, especially on YouTube. Gunblastdotcom did a positive review but then again I have never seen him do a negative review.

MAC's first review:
    Remington R51 Problems - YouTube

MAC's second review, with T&E gun sent by Remington in response to first review:
    Remington R51 Review - YouTube

TacticalExistence's problems with R51
    Remington R51 Failure - YouTube

Review by gstanley102 here on INGO:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/ingo-real-world-reviews/340683-review-remington-r51.html

This does not bode well for the Remington R51. I have decided to wait before spending any of my money on R51 to see if the kinks can be worked out. Right now I would say this model, unless the problems are solved with fade away.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I like how the gun looks, but it has turned out to be a complete piece of crapola. I just don't get why they would release the gun to the public while it still has all kinds of problems, and seemingly no quality control.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Anyone who doesn't know by now that Remington of today is not the Remington of yesteryear needs to see this video and some examples of the R700 and Marlin rifles they are putting out. I for one will not spend another dime of my money on ANY remington products until they are free from Freedom Arms group and once again an independent company with good QC and CS.

Since it doesn't seem like that will happen anytime soon Remington is dead to me.

addictedhealer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2012
    Monroe County
    I watched Macs T&E review a few days ago, what a pos. I was really hoping this gun would be great, Remington has lost a little respect. I haven't heard any good reviews yet. I suppose there is a reason this old concept isn't used.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    That's too bad. I was looking forward to this pistol. I've got an R1 Stainless 1911, and it is flawless and has great fit and finish. It is accurate, too, and it was early production (for the stainless model). Of course, a 1911 is a well proven design. They CAN make a good gun. I've also got an R15 AR (Bushmaster), and it is a tack driver and has been 100% reliable. I used a newer Remington 700 in .30-06 in Africa, and it was also a tack driver and simply a gorgeous gun.

I'm not sure why they didn't do more R&D and spend more time on quality control. If the reviews are indicative of the quality and function of this gun, Remington will pay a dear price for their mistakes.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    hist44.jpg

Top Bottom