• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flyboy84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    Does anyone still shoot the remington golden bullet? And whats your opinion of it?

I shoot it at the range all the time and while not the most accurate or consistent its cheap and goes boom.

Slapstick

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I don't know if Remington got back on track and improved their QC but I've shot a few bulk packs of it without an issue. It's the only bulk ammo my M&P-22 shoots without FTE or FTF problems, can't say the same for Federal or Winchester bulk packs. It also works just fine in my 10/22's which always had problems with it before, in fact it's ran fine in all my .22's semi-autos. (Mark II, 22/45 and colt M16-22).

Like I said I don't know if Remington improved it or not but's it working the best for me at the moment. :dunno:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Wax when heated (remember this july) tends to melt and then then don't eject/feed well. If keep in a cool dry place (not the back of the truck) it works better. It is dirty and not so accurate. Given the choice I would go federal or winchester.

I have seen one case seperation at the range with the golden bullet but it might have fired out of battery. never saw a round of anything else in rimfire seperate a case.

flyboy84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2012
    I have heard that they have made improvements, but not sure myself. I shoot it in my 10/22 and p22 almost every weekend.

jmemmert

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Nov 5, 2009
    Wax when heated (remember this july) tends to melt and then then don't eject/feed well. If keep in a cool dry place (not the back of the truck) it works better. It is dirty and not so accurate. Given the choice I would go federal or winchester.

I have seen one case seperation at the range with the golden bullet but it might have fired out of battery. never saw a round of anything else in rimfire seperate a case.

When did Remington GB start using wax coated bullets. I've never seen it. did they recently change?

I have had good luck with RGB in all my 22s

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Honestly, the only Remington .22 ammo I have had luck with is the Yellow Jackets. The rest has been **** poor quality. I stick with Federal Champion or Blazer for bulk ammo.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    Crap it is,cant store them long ,misfires and differant 'boom' out of each bullet. best bulk is winchester. M-22 1000 pack is best I found in auto's,cost more but not enough to worry about.

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    In the 525 round box of Golden Bullets I have right now, many of the bullets are loose enough in the casings that you can spin them around, or they wobble to and fro. I'm getting more duds than I get out of other brands, and some of the bullets are slightly deformed.

I'm sticking with CCI Blazer and Federal AutoMatch bulkpacks from now on.

xring62

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    Henry county
    22 bulk

In the 525 round box of Golden Bullets I have right now, many of the bullets are loose enough in the casings that you can spin them around, or they wobble to and fro. I'm getting more duds than I get out of other brands, and some of the bullets are slightly deformed.

I'm sticking with CCI Blazer and Federal AutoMatch bulkpacks from now on.

DITO ,DITO ,DITO ...Dud- O

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Ditto on no Federal. My Marlin will have many FTF and FTE. My sons 10/22 not as bad, but it still happens. Have moved on to Winchester, CCI, etc.

Top Bottom