• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hdchaplain

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2008
    Central Indiana
    I see a lot of negative comments on the web (not just this site but others as well) regarding Remington .22 ammo. Mostly fail to fire issues with the Golden variations. I don't have any in my personal stock, but see it on sale occassionally and wondered if the INGO family has the same feeling and if that is true with their centerfire ammo as well. I have consumed many boxes of 9mm UMC with no glitches so maybe its just a .22 thing. :dunno:

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I think it is just a .22 thing. I shoot umc center fire and have had no problems. I had many many duds with Remingtom golden bullets in .22 long rifle. I stick to the Federal bulk packs and have had great accuracy and no duds with them from my Rugers.

davedolli

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    106   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Clinton IN
    The Remington bulk rim fire I have shot in the last few years was total junk with many duds, so all I buy in bulk now is Federal. I have shot .223, and 9mm Remington with no problems, but I don't buy it unless it is a great deal.

Dave

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    My experience... I bought two bulk boxes, had 4-5 mishaps per 22rd magazine. From there I went through the first box and gave my second away. This was a couple of summers ago so I don't know if it's gotten any better, but I'm not buying a box to find out.

I think alot of it also has to do with your firearm. 22's can be picky about ammo so I'm sure some run it fine while others don't.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    I've shot many thousands of rounds of bulk .22 from all the makers. That being said i've yet to find any maker that doesn't seem to average 4-5 duds per 500. Lately it seems like Federal has the fewest, but in time that will switch over to one of the others. It seems to be cyclical. I always pull the lead from the duds and remelt them to use in cast bullets so they're not a total loss.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I've had nothing but problems with Remington .22 in my semi-autos. Usually goes bang in my bolt actions with no more than the reasonable rate of failure. Even so, I don't buy it and I don't keep it around. The .22 ammo I have laid in is all ATK manufactured (Federal, American Eagle, CCI) .

I've had enough problems with UMC 9mm that I don't even think about buying it and I don't reload UMC brass in any caliber. It goes in the scrap bucket.

I've shot Remingtong branded centerfire ammo (Core-Lokt) and to be honest with you, I'm still searching out a load that will beat it in my 7mm Rem Mag.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    "Me too!" ? Trying to build up yer post count? ;)

Two summers ago I tested 8 different commonly available 22 ammo options to see which would work best in my 2 pistols and 3 rifles. The best compromise I found was the Federal Champion, 40gr load. It shoots 10 rounds under an inch at 50 yards from the rifles and is "serviceable" from both pistols. I went back to the same store and bought 1,000 rounds of it. I later bought another 600, which is now almost entirely gone. I can't recall a single FTF during that time.

A few months ago my dad bought my youngest daughter (11) an old Mossberg 22 rifle and a bulk box of Remington ammo for it. In addition to being FAR less accurate, the Remington has a misfire about once every second or third magazine...just enough to be really freakin' annoying. :)

In addition to the Federal ammo, I have found CCI Mini Mags to be consistently accurate and reliable in every gun you fire them from. I just wish they weren't quite so expensive.

VidGuy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2012
    Muncie
    I've used probably 5000 rounds of Rem Golden Bullets in the last couple of years, in a P22, Heritage revolver, and Henry lever, with ONE dud, and a couple FTEs in the P22.

I don't think that's bad at all.

super duty1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2012
    Esat of Indy
    I have bought a lot of Remington 22's over the years and have been very pleased overall. I have switched to Federal do to all the negative comments. It sounds like Remington has some quality control issues.

Top Bottom