• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I Purchased a Remington 870 Super Magnum in 2007 and since day one i had problems with it failing to extract the spent shell. i tried all different types of ammo and gave it a "break in" period hoping that it would start to eject the shells reliably. That never happend.

I contacted Remington a year after i purchased the gun and they told me that it was probably a problem with their barrel, so they sent me a brand new barrel. This barrel didn't fix the problem so i talked to them a couple months later, and recieved a brand new barrel again.

So, after owning this gun for two years (and trying 3 brand new barrels) i sold 2 of the barrels (that they never asked for) and just "dealt with it" since i only used it for trap/skeet shooting.

This passed fall I was shooting it and it was just pissing me off that the gun never shot right from day 1 so i got back, emailed remington, and within a couple of hours they had emailed me back with postage to send it in to their factory for inspection in Ilion, NY.

I recieved my gun back in 9 days, tried it out, and it failed again. Less than before, but it still failed 3 times out of 25.

So i Called Remington and explained that i have been haveing the exact same problem for 5 years (remember this is 3 years after the warranty was up) and they told me that it was unacceptable to own a Remington product in that shape. They sent me a Brand New 870 Express Super Magnum in 20 days( it took that long because it had to start as an incoming order and run through the entire process of the factory/warehouse). It is even a newer design than my old one just has "inlay pieces in the stock and forearm", but i like the look

Needless to say, I was extremely pleasant with Remington's Customer Service. They treated me very well each time i contacted them, and because of this, I recently purchased a Model 700 Instead of the Browning X-bolt on the experience i had with their customer service alone.

Just thought i'd share the experience :patriot:

Brand New 870 3 years after expired warranty
    and it shoots without a hiccup:rockwoot:

IMG_1283.JPG

Last edited:
    Top Bottom