Please reply by conversation.

Wa22ioR

Unapologetically American
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    SOLD!! Remington 870 Magnum "Robar Elite" Tactical w/ Surefire *Price Drop*

*PM me for all trade and or sell offers. Trade + Cash welcome. Just ask, you never know.*

Hey guys,

I recently bought a *Lightly Used* Remington 870 Magnum *Robar Elite* Package Shotgun. I am a LEO and the purpose of the shotgun was for Duty and HD uses. The shotgun is decked out with basically anything one would probably want for such a shotgun, but it is more than I need for my purposes. As a duty shotgun, I use my weapons as a tool and don't wish to worry about damaging the finish or simply "babying it." To be honest a nice Remington 870 Police Magnum would suit me and I need a nice handgun for off-duty carry.

Package contents, trade interests, and details will be posted below pictures.

This Remington 870 is approximately 10 years old, with approximately 500 rounds fired, and is the only Robar custom I have seen and one of the only “Tactical” shotguns I have ever seen with a ribbed barrel. Some guys prefer the older Remington shotguns.

The custom front sight has a tritium vial installed but it no longer glows. I called Robar and their customer service said if I, or the owner, shipped them the barrel, they would replace the vial for free, or if needed, they would have to ship it to ToolTech and would cost no more than $100 returned. However, the vial has a nice white circle around it and I find I don't need the tritium with the flashlight.

Robar is a very well respected custom shop. They specialize in many things including finishes and gunsmithing. Per their customer service and website, they offer a Lifetime Warranty on their finishes and the finish on the shotgun, as you can see from the pictures, is excellent. The gunsmith and attention to detail on the shotgun is second to none. It is not simply a *custom* shop that buys other company's parts, install them, and put a huge mark up on the weapon. The receiver has been completely dehorned, burs removed, and there are zero tool marks. The loading port has been smoothed and flared to offer easier loading, especially under stress. The trigger assembly is a Police assembly, but with a Timney trigger upgrade that has a crisp 3lb. break with zero creep. Per Robar customer service, all action, trigger, and barrel work is done at Robar by their Riflesmiths.

*Here is the website to their listing.* Shotgun Packages

*Link to recent review of a Robar Elite 870:* http://www.robarguns.com/Home Defense Shotgun_sml.pdf

Customization to shotgun straight from their site:

*Robar super deluxe ghost ring sight installation - Wickert Ghost Ring Rear Sight and Integrated Front Sight.

*Cut & Crown barrel @ 18 1/2” - Aligns perfectly with custom magazine extension.

*Back bore barrel - Same concept as Vang Comp to allow for greater accuracy and less projectile deformation.

*Lengthen forcing cone - Same concept as Vang Comp to allow for greater accuracy and less projectile deformation.

*Smooth action - Extremely smooth and action will cycle from inertia alone. All action and internal components are NP3 coated.

*Install large button safety - Is a Wilson Combat Big Button Safety coated in NP3.

*Smoothing of trigger action - Very nice trigger! Breaks clean at approximately 3lb. Timney upgrade per Robar.

*Custom magazine tube extension - Aligns perfectly with barrel, for those that care.

*Install high visibility magazine follower - Nice magazine follower with lengthened magazine spring for positive feeding.

*Install Pachmayr “Decelerator” recoil pad@ 1” shorter than factory L.O.P. - Really nice feature for those that have shorter arms or wear body armor.

*Robar “non-slip” texture to pistol grip and forend - Nice feature that allows for a positive grip even when wet.

*Supply & Install side saddle shell holder

*Install sling swivel stud to buttstock

*Test fire & sight-in @ 25yds - Shotgun is dead accurate with buckshot and rifled slugs.

*Roguard/NP3 metal finish complete - Extremely nice finishes and a complimentary two tone look. NP3 is like Fail Zero and offers optimal lubricity and function. It also makes cleaning a breeze. Really the only wear on the shotgun is on the NP3 coating, which isn't much, and a little on the magazine extension nut.

*Polymax finish stock black - Nice feature which offers better weather proofing and texture. I didn't realize the furniture was wood.

Below are some pictures of the shotgun and groupings with Duty ammunition: Duty ammunition used was Federal "Tactical" LE132 00 9 Pellet 00 Buckshot with FliteControl Wad. Since shooting the groups shown, I have achieved better groups at both 15 and 25 yards.

sdc11570b.jpg

sdc11574x.jpg

sdc11577o.jpg

sdc10913m.jpg

sdc11584a.jpg

sdc10912i.jpg

sdc11579a.jpg

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

PM me for more information or pictures! Thanks for looking!

DETAILS

I am mainly looking to trade, but may sell the shotgun to fund the other firearms I want and need. As stated earlier, I need a nice duty Remington 870 Police and a nice off-duty carry pistol. My full size Duty Glock 21 is too large to comfortably conceal.

Package: As seen in the photos. I just received a NIB Surefire 618FGA Weaponlight with disable switch. I put a Malkoff M61 Warm Tint LED upgrade in it and it has 220 useful lumens. Malkoff is the best. Surefire was just installed today and has not been used during firing. I can include the Surefire or reinstall the custom forend. I may keep the Surefire for next shotgun. That model is tough to find NIB.

Trades: Remington 870 Police Magnum - *More options the better*
    Colt 1911's in 9mm, .45 ACP, or 10mm - *Preferably Commander or CCO*
    Other 1911's in 9mm, .45 ACP, or 10mm - *Must be nice*
    HK45c
    Glock 9mm Models - *Colors other than black are a plus and X-Werks is Ok.*
    Nice revolvers for carry - *Please no overly large frames*
    Trades + Cash is welcome. Just ask.

Sell & Shipping: Trying to recoup what I have. $900 shipped without Surefire. $1200 with the Surefire. I am negotiable! Please don't hesitate.

Prefer face to face but will consider shipping FFL to FFL.

Last edited:
    Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    Top Bottom