• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigCat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Early this year I began the process of acquiring my first real precision rifle. I purchased a Remington 5r, an Accuracy International folding stock, and a Leupold 6.5X20. Then I had the barrel Cerakoted black and threaded to accept a muzzle brake.
    NightHawk025.jpg

I really liked the OD green and black color scheme and it reminded me of a "new" Night Hawk that was green and had been sitting at my local gun shop for years. I decided to pick this gun up and see if I couldn't get it refinished to compliment the Remington (after all, they'll be sharing a Pelican Case together).

Here is a before photo of the Night Hawk
    NightHawk002.jpg

NightHawk031.jpg

Here they are together now after the Night Hawk has been refinished in Yukon Coat by Fusion Firearms, received a new front night sight, and a set of VZ's Double Diamond grips.
    NHRefinish003.jpg

NHRefinish022.jpg

Now, I have plenty of time to get better acquainted with them at the range before they accompany me on a hunting trip this October.

BigCat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    Time for a matching AR build??? :):

:) As much as I like to buy guns that are good to go to begin with, I do always like having a project going....maybe I need to get to work on one of ARs...of course, then I would need a really big Pelican Case to transport the whole family.

BigCat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 4, 2008
    Carmel
    At first when I saw the pic of the NightHawk i was like "OH NO" lol but then the finish product looks fantastic, awesome choice on colors :D

Thanks. I know what you mean. That gun in the original Ranger Green sat new at the gun shop for YEARS. I got a good deal on it and with the savings was able to customize a Night Hawk to my specifications.

WHRJeff

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    South Bend
    You mentioned that Fusion Firearms did the work, are they a local refinishing company in Indiana? Also, are they on INGO? THX!!!

Top Bottom