• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • billyboyr6

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    greenfield
    I currently own a older 1100 .12 ga (early 80's model) and love it. I found a current model 1100 classic trap for a descent price. are there any differences? would there be any advantage in selling mine to buy the newer calssic trap gun?

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    If you "love" the one you've got, keep it. Buy another gun with your money. If you want, buy the new model, try it out, then sell the one you decide you don't want. Or keep both. I've got an 1100 and it suits me fine. I don't lust after the newer models because I can break clays just fine with the one I've got. :twocents:

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton

• Blued receiver
    • New fine-line embellishments on receivers
    • Gold triggers and gold embellishments on receivers
    • Semi-fancy, solid American walnut stocks and fore-ends
    • Twin target-style bead sights
    • High grade walnut stocks
    Remington listed these as key features. I didn't find any functional differences but there might be. It seems buying a new one might make you look prettier at the gun club?

parson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    New Castle
    The trap grade will likely have a much straighter stock than a field grade. In other words, the "fit" will be different. If you have opportunity to shoot it first that would be a good idea.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I have a mid 70s 1100 and love it. My 2 cents is that if I came upon a newer Trap model for a good price, I would keep my old one and buy the new one outright. The reason I would not get rid of the old one is that I know what I have, and since I like it, why risk buying something that turns out to be so different that I don't like it, and now would be stuck with a shotgun I don't like and no longer have the one I know I like.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    I like the older ones, myself. Never got into the "new" fancy-dancy ones. Of course, I shoot Trap with a Citori, so what do I know? The 1100 does bird work when I need a lighter gun.

Top Bottom