• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jdrex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2011
    Brownsburg, USA
    I am re-starting from scratch with my collection as I sold all when I thought I was moving into unfriendly territory. I mentioned this to a buddy and he is offering a Winchester 1100 that he says he doesn't fire much anymore. Is this going to be a good skeet shooting gun?

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    It depends on how much skeet you shoot but if you are asking you probably don't shoot that much.

Someone who was serious about the sport and wanted to shoot an 1100, would find his best accessory was a spare 1100.

forthehousew

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    indy
    had mine since 1976 still works great

durable, reliable but somewhat heavy, got slug barrel and it tames the recoil of a slug load. Still have it since it works and no reason to change.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I can't even begin to guess the number of rounds through my 1100, in excess of 25,000 tho. I have replaced the gas rings once and the rubber o-ring a half dozen times...keep replacements for both in my shooting bag. Biggest key to keeping an 1100 reliable is to keep the o-ring very lightly greased and the magazine tube that the gas system rides on clean. I generally wipe everything down every 250-300 rounds and inspect the O-ring for wear signs.

My 1100 does double duty, it is the back up HD gun (a HK/Benelli 121M is the primary) and gets used for clays and 3 gun matches...the wood stock goes on it when I am shooting clays...otherwise it wears a SpeedFeed stock

1100.jpg

Last edited:
    Top Bottom