• ...and so much more!
  • j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Does anyone know of a good central Indiana dealer that has a good reloading supply's stock? I sure get tired of paying hazmat fees and such for powder ect.

Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Deadman's Hollow
    About the only place I ever see components that require Hazmat fees (powder/primer) is at Darrel's Custom Firearms in Cayuga. He usually has decent prices, it would be worth a call to see what he has in stock. You could always see if anyone was interested in a group buy to share the Hazmat fee.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Thanks guys. I am wanting to try some Ramshot TAC but mail order seems to be the only way so far.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Call Bob Cheek at Plainfield Shooting Supplies. He carries a decent selection of powders. Not sure if he has the Ramshot line or not. i was just in there today and he has a shelf full of primers again. $35/K

Doug K

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Call Bob Cheek at Plainfield Shooting Supplies. He carries a decent selection of powders. Not sure if he has the Ramshot line or not. i was just in there today and he has a shelf full of primers again. $35/K

Doug K

Good info, I've never been there and need to go check it out sometime.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.4%
    153   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Good info, I've never been there and need to go check it out sometime.

Definately! Bob will glat out tell you that anything in teh store is a 10% markup when I know other stores are 15-25% and Bob buys in such quantities that he gets even better prices from his distributors. If you're looking for something new, he's the man to check with. If he doesn't have it, he can usually get it faster and cheaper than anyone else!

Doug K

Trickpony

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Out of State :(
    Thanks guys. I am wanting to try some Ramshot TAC but mail order seems to be the only way so far.

Applied Balistics in Lafayette had some Ramshot TAC in stock last time I was there... Big jugs, not any small quantities... They also had 1 pounders of Benchmark and some reloader 15 if you load .223

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Applied Balistics in Lafayette had some Ramshot TAC in stock last time I was there... Big jugs, not any small quantities... They also had 1 pounders of Benchmark and some reloader 15 if you load .223

Thanks-I will be calling them this morning.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Applied Ballistics does have TAC powder. $150.00 for 8lbs + tax!!!! Cheaper to buy from Powder Valley and pay the fee.

Anyone need some powder from Powder Valley give me a shout. I am going to place a order on Monday. They will ship up to 50lbs per 25.00 fee. I only need 8 lbs. I will be happy to split the fee.

GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Definately! Bob will glat out tell you that anything in teh store is a 10% markup when I know other stores are 15-25% and Bob buys in such quantities that he gets even better prices from his distributors. If you're looking for something new, he's the man to check with. If he doesn't have it, he can usually get it faster and cheaper than anyone else!

Doug K

Bob has to buy in bulk to keep his ole lady loaded up:D:rockwoot:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    I ended up driving up to Applied Ballistics a week or so ago. I bought my 8 LBS. of TAC and some other stuff. Nice place and a nice group of guys. I will be going back. Thanks for the heads up on the place.:yesway:

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    Check out or call the Atterbury range. They carry a good supply of powder, primers and ammo. All of their reloading products are the cheapest I have seen in a long time.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I've bought powder or primers every time I've been to Atterbury. Prices are great. What *I* really need is a local source for competitively priced bullets. I haven't had time to check out Bob's prices and stock since I got into reloading - but I might just have to start casting lead and shooting reduced velocities and pressures just to keep the gun's runnin'.

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I hear ya about large pistol primers. I have had some on backorder with Grafs and Sons for over a year. Last week I was coming home from Lake of the Ozarks and happen to drive through Mexico, MO. Knowing that is where Grafs is located I stopped in their retail store 'just because'. Guess what they had on the shelf? I bought 5k to tied me over.

Top Bottom