• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Where do you all get your components from? Specifically powder, what do you use and where is the best place to get it? Stopped by Gander and didn't see anything for a .45, and the Outdoorsmans price seemed a tad high. I believe it was in the ball park of $25-$30 for tightgroup. 25 cents a round for powder seems on the high side...

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Hate to tell you this but its hard to find any powder under $25 any more, I have had to buy from the Outdoorsman the last time I needed powder, The Atturbury Shooting range carries powder now but I've not been in to check out prices. We buy our lead for 45 from Larry Kennedy from Sticky boolit, ( he lurks around this forum I don't know his handle) and I'm not a tightgroup fan I'm more of a W231 fan. HHRP does quantity buys on lead and we have lead available at the club for members, If you get a chance come down one Thursday night and Check us out

Hoosier Hills Rifle and Pistol Club

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    i come up with less than a penny per rd....7000 grains per pound...... at 5 grains per rd at $25.00 a pound thats less that a penny per rd powder wise......i have less than .16 cents per rd for 45acp.........as far as where to buy i get my powder from Cosner's in Bedford....just got a pound of Bullseye for $24.95....that is just 1 of 4 powders than i use...

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    GM, doesn't sell anything for a .45 ????? My brother and I use AA #5,
    My loadbook lists at least 7 powders for the .45... Bullseye, AA #2, Green Dot, W 231, HP 38, SR 7625, AA #5, 700 X, Unique, I would say, if they were out of all this powder, they must have been busy, before you got there... Not Slamming you, just saying, there are a lot of choices out there...

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    GM, doesn't sell anything for a .45 ????? My brother and I use AA #5,
    My loadbook lists at least 7 powders for the .45... Bullseye, AA #2, Green Dot, W 231, HP 38, SR 7625, AA #5, 700 X, Unique, I would say, if they were out of all this powder, they must have been busy, before you got there... Not Slamming you, just saying, there are a lot of choices out there...

I said I didn't See anything, not that they don't sell anything... I didn't have reloading data from my guide for powders, so I was just going off their labels. I was there with my duaghter on our weekly trip and stopped by to check out their powder supply. She's almost 1 and likes to look at the mounted animals they have, so not usually there looking for something specific...

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    Go to Bite the Bullet on 31 North of Seymour. He'll have what you need as far as powder, bullets, primers and brass. Don't forget to give the puppy a treat when you're lookin' at primers or you might come back with fewer digits.

Atterbury has some good prices on powder and primers, but no bullets/brass. The price I paid for Green Dot (for shotgun) was +$3 over what PowerderValleyInc has it for. You should call to see if they have what you want before you make the trip.

As for powder, I've used W231, Tightgroup, Clays, Bullseye and N320. All to good effect, but I like N320 as that's what I use in other calibers too. Bullseye is my next favorite.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    Go to Bite the Bullet on 31 North of Seymour. He'll have what you need as far as powder, bullets, primers and brass. Don't forget to give the puppy a treat when you're lookin' at primers or you might come back with fewer digits.

WARNING Do not go down to Bite the Bullet on a Sunny day without calling, You will make a trip for nothing, The hours down there do not conform to a busy work schedule and driving all the way down there from Greenwood to find him closed

Bob is a good guy but he also enjoys his outdoor activities and will not be there every time you are.

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    Your in the right store at Outdoorsman. Titegroup,@ 22.99/lb primers are running 29.99/1000. If you can find them online you have to pay a hazmat fee of 20 bucks, no savings there. PSS has powder and primers, gas, $3.00/ gallon.

I get my bullets from Rocky Mtn Reloading, great price on fmjrn, hp. As far as brass, if you need some, let me know.

The cost or componets is still cheaper than, trying to find ammo, then paying premium price for it.

Top Bottom