• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    so i got a dillon 650 for christmas yes i know AWESOME....

now to my question i dont want to set it up in garage because im scared of corrosion. my current set up is out there and i have had issues. my lee dies got corrosion on the outside and some on my rcbs press.

i seemed to remember some on on ingo making reloading benches that maybe i could move into a closet when not using it?

any thoughts or suggestions would be great thanks.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I mounted mine on this

00913620000-1

I put 3/4" plywood on the top and mounted the press on the left side. Works great lots of drawers and you can roll it in a closet when not in use.*single stage Hornady*

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    nice is it pretty sturdy when in use do you fill the bottom with heavy items bullets ect? to help keep steady?

Rock steady. Yes there is enough weight in it, I reload 4 different calibers and keep the bullets in the bottom, xtra dies. No turn-over accidents so far.

glock34

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    Fishers
    I bet you add the same type of tightwad mount I use for my 650 on my bench on top of that cart. It would raise it up off the cart and on my bench is very strong. Just a couple scrap 2x6 bolted together.

2012-12-28_17-31-56_514.jpg

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I have my setup in my garage as well, granted I run a dehumidifier, I've had no problems. After each reloading session, I wipe my tools clean and wipe a small layer of RemOil to help prevent corrosion. Been working so far.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    well i bought a craftsmen chest on sale a sears yesterday 119 on sale. got he plywood cut just waiting on the strong mount to arrive then ill be in buisness

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    We live in the rust belt.

All you can do is control the climate. I keep my work area heated to 60º winters, and throw a window AC in there for summer to knock down the humidity.

I believe its a worthwhile investment. Plus it's damn comfortable to work in!

Hosted

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Albion
    I have my stuff mounted on a Black & Decker Workmate bench that I got for $10 on craigslist. It can be folded down in a few seconds and put in the closet.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Am getting to build a bench, saw this:

2 x 4 Basics

Anybody use them?

Yrs ago I had a massive bench all bolted together. Flood wiped it out. New house has back room, no basement, so am looking to make another, smaller/lighter.

My dad has his 650 on a strong mount, on a steel table. His A2 RCBS is on a steel pedestal mount that's proly 35 or 40 yrs old. Tank.

WyldeShot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Greenville
    Am getting to build a bench, saw this:

2 x 4 Basics

Anybody use them?

Yrs ago I had a massive bench all bolted together. Flood wiped it out. New house has back room, no basement, so am looking to make another, smaller/lighter.

My dad has his 650 on a strong mount, on a steel table. His A2 RCBS is on a steel pedestal mount that's proly 35 or 40 yrs old. Tank.

I have build a couple of basic benchs, nothing to pretty but they work. I've always used 2x4s and 3/4" plywood. I'm thinking about purchasing this kit to make some thing a little cleaner looking. I've also read that you can disassemble fairly easy, which will be nice for me since I will have to move it once I start finishing the basement.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    well i bought a craftsmen chest on sale a sears yesterday 119 on sale. got he plywood cut just waiting on the strong mount to arrive then ill be in buisness

Be careful drilling the top. I heard some guy went to far in and ruined a drawer glide. *insert embarrassed smilie*

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    My old bench had 4x4 posts, and 1x10 slats for the top. It was not nailed or screwed, rather all bolted together. I loved the sturdiness of it (since I use Lee collet neck sizer on my .243 cases). It was a beast.

The 2x4basics leg kits use screws, hence my reluctance. I have over $100 in credit at Menards and have to burn it on something. Not impressed with their stuff in store, but found those legs on their website.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I built my bench this summer. Ive got less than 80 bucks in it. I used the following

3- 2x14inch x8ft
    8- 2x4x8ft
    3 - 4x4x8ft
    3- 1x10x8ft
    4 lbs of 3 in deck screws.

I'll get the pics up later but this thing is not light lol

Top Bottom