• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TheWrathOfMoses

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Hey, everyone!

I moved to Mishawaka four months ago from Georgia and like it up here so far. With my luck, this next winter will be the worst one in decades, but I'm looking forward to the snow.

What a relief that there's a lot of gun guys up here! We love guns in the South, and I wasn't sure if the Hoosiers were like Yankees, but everyone seems friendly.

When I was back home, I had my gun license and open carried for two years without any negative responses. Looking back, the process of overcoming that initial fear of open carrying is funny now because most people are not observant and don't really notice the gun. For my Dad's birthday last year, I offered to pay for his permit and he quickly agreed. The first time he open carried with me he was nervous that everyone would see his Glock 17 and be freaked out, but I assured him that wouldn't happen. On the way out to the car, he said only one person noticed the pistol. I'm excited because I'm going to the local police station on Friday to my fingerprints done so I can get my Indiana license! So far, I haven't seen anyone OC up here yet, but I sure will be. Maybe I'll see some of you around sometime.

Just curious..... Is the Midwest range in Elkhart any good?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Welcome! I've heard there is a great range are in Elkhart, and others that are really long. My sister actually lives there, but I'm not that far North. I never, almost ever see people OC'ing in Hamilton County, so even if I did it every day, I'd still be about the only one, and get strange looks. I'd say that not too many people OC in Indiana as a whole, but on this forum lots say they do.

Birdman002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 7, 2012
    South Bend
    Welcome to the forumns bud, the Elkhart range is very good been there many times.

Also Kodiak is good as well in South Bend on the south side.

I OC and i live in the mishawaka area so hell i might see ya around :)
    Once again welcome

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Welcome to my hood! :ingo:
    I get down to Augusta every so often.

I go to midwest range in elkheart once in a while. It is clean, heated in the winter, pretty well ventilated and lighted. The range officers are not bad, a couple of times I have seen new shooters there and they will offer help/pointers. :yesway:
    I have not been to Kodiak as much since they are newer.
    They are closer than midwest and are friendly, they were happy to give me a tour and the range is big (3 ranges including a shoot house)!

Lock load

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Mishawaka IN
    :welcome: to :ingo:
    I also live in Mishawaka.
    Haven't seen many people OC up here except myself. But haven't had any run ins yet except an occasional stare and one panicky cashier.
    Been to Midwest Gun and Range in Elkhart a few times and I really like it.
    I hear good things about Kodiak range in South Bend too. I still need to check that one out since it is closer.

Also if you do the L1 for your LTCH you will get it a lot faster than if you go to the police station to get finger printed. I got mine less than a week after getting finger printed and paying fees.

Last edited:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Welcome to Indiana and INGO. Suggestion, you might want to eat a bunch of bacon to thicken your blood for winter. It's flat, windy, & cold up there in the winter.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom