• ...and so much more!
  • Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Hey guys :)

I'm going to add a new section to the Indiana Gun FAQs called "Recommended Reading." It's going to include books, websites, magazines, specific articles, etc...

I have a few things in mind, but I'm curious to see what the collective hive mind thinks.

Give me your feedback, and I'll get a new page added sometime in the near future.

Oh, and just in case you were wondering, the Indiana Gun FAQs sticky can be found here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...discussion/16185-indiana_gun_faqs_sticky.html

Thanks!

Pami, your friendly INGO moderator with a Limited Edition First-Run Navy Blue INGO Hat with a Pink Butterfly on the Back

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Magazines/Periodicals:

S.W.A.T. (not a specifically a cop magazine, so don't let that sway you)
    Women & Guns (excellent reading for men too)

Books:

Lamb, Kyle. Green Eyes and Black Rifles: Warriors Guide to the Combat Carbine. ISBN-13: 978-0615166544

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Centurion - John Ringo
    State of Disobedience - Tom Kratman
    Carnifex - Tom Kratman
    A Desert Called Peace - Tom Kratman
    Caliphate - Tom Kratman

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Centurion - John Ringo
    State of Disobedience - Tom Kratman
    Carnifex - Tom Kratman
    A Desert Called Peace - Tom Kratman
    Caliphate - Tom Kratman

The first on that list is "The Last Centurion" I think. (And Mr. Ringo can stop being so prescient please.)

The book "A State of Disobedience" is probably Colonel Kratman's weakest work in terms of writing (but then, it's also his first).

Carnifex is the sequel to A Desert Called Peace so be sure to read them in the right order.

Caliphate is a stand-alone and downright scary, mostly from plausibility.

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    :rockwoot:BOOKS:rockwoot:

The Federalist Paper by Alexander Hamilton and John Jay and James Madison - Project Gutenberg (mostly for the Project Gutenberg link)

http://www.timebomb2000.com/misc/CWII.pdf Civil War II

South: the story of Shackleton’s last, by Sir Ernest Shackleton

George Orwell - Complete works, Biography, Quotes, EssaysThat also has has Darwin, Dickens and Shakespeare

CCEbook V3 Beta-英文原版电å­ä¹¦-CCeBook-Original English Books Books out the butt (chinese site)

Some other books I don't have links to:

Bravo Two Zero by Andy McNab

Up Front and Back Home by Bill Mauldin

Patton: A Genius For War by Carlo D'Este

Rapid Response by Dr. Steve Olvey

I have a library that would rival some smaller high schools:D

indyjoe

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Indy - South
    The classics that are still relevant by Massad Ayoob:

Gun-Proof your Children - Good Common sense approach to introducing Guns to your children.

The Truth about Self Defense - Just started reading this, but impressed so far.

In the Gravest Extreme - The first book I read when I started thinking about CCW

Indiana Handgun Law 2nd Edition - A must have for LTCH holders or anyone with a gun in the home.

Dial 911 and Die - Not really worth purchasing. Much less than I expected, but still some good examples of how Police can not always be there.

Last edited:

jsgolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Greenwood
    Anti-Federalists Papers - Anti-Federalist Papers
    Economice in One Lesson - Henry Hazlett
    The Creature From Jekyl Island - G. Edward Griffin
    The Law - Frederic Bastiat
    The Case Against The Fed - Murray Rothbard
    Common Sense and Rights of Man - Thomas Paine

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Yep, meant to include Ciyou's Indiana Handgun Law books.. thanks for reminding me IndyJoe. :)

For future posts.. since I haven't read a lot of these books (I'm a big sci-fi-fantasy fan really -- dragons, fairies, magic; I'm totally IN) .. will you please indicate fiction or non-fiction? I think I can guess pretty accurately on most of them, but some I'm not too sure about. Thanks! :D

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    I dont read/listen to alot of non-fiction books...I'm a sucker for a good zombie book or other type of thriller involving monsters and what not.
    World War Z
    Amazon.com: World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War (9780307346612): Max Brooks: Books

Pride and prejudice with zombies:laugh:
    Amazon.com: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem! (9781594743344): Jane Austen, Seth Grahame-Smith: Books

Day by day Armageddon..the first one is great but the second part "beyond exile" was written by an internet forum and it gets a bit cheesy and no where near as well written as the first part.
    Amazon.com: Day by Day Armageddon (9781439176672): J. L. Bourne: Books

This is an excellent book! its a zombie novel but it is also a terrorist type novel..terrorist release a virus that turns people in to zombies..but not the typical slow leg dragging ones found in other books and movies.
    Amazon.com: Patient Zero: A Joe Ledger Novel (9780312382858): Jonathan Maberry: Books

Ive never been a real big Stephen King fan but I'm really enjoying this book...This is the one I'm currently reading. The stand
    Amazon.com: The Stand: Expanded Edition: For the First Time Complete and Uncut (Signet) (9780451169532): Stephen King: Books

Top Bottom