• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just picked up a new G36 today. I can't carry it until I officially qualify with it, so I have a little bit to find a holster. Looking for recommendations for every day carry. Either IWB or OWB.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I have no direct experience with the G36, but I've heard that some (maybe all?) G19-sized holster will work. Can anyone confirm this? It would sure open up your options.

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    I carry daily the G36 I use a Blackhawk... I likwe it due to the fact it has a paddle or belt attachment for carry...

Dogman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Hamilton County
    Might look at the Don Hume Holster, # H721OT. I actually use mine to carry my 36 and 26 in. :yesway:

I also like the Bianchi Shadow II.
    Then there's also the Bianchi Black Widow.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    I carry my g36 in a crossbreed supertuck, and love it! I forget I have it on! It's easy to take off, I can't carry at work, so I have to take it off every morning. It's a great holster!
    25baa82c.jpg

Truckerman79

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    McCordsville, IN
    I use a Kholster for my Glock 27. It's a good holster aside from the fact that the screw holding in the steel belt clip came lose and fell off. :xmad: Now I can't find the clip. I like the fact that the leather covers the entire gun, grip included. So now I use my OWB Blackhawk Serpa holster and am pretty happy with it.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Leather or other?

For leather I really like both my High Noon (lined) and my Mitch Rosin. Both OWB. When I don't feel like leather (humid sweaty or rainy summer days), I prefer my Blackhawk Serpas for all my handguns. Again, OWB.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    i carry my g 26 in a comp-tac MTAC. I think they make shells for every glock.
    A BIG +1, the MTAC is awesome and economical. I find mine to be much more comfy than the CTAC, although that wasn't a bad holster either. I carry a very slightly larger G23, so your G36 would probably be even more comfy. I can honestly conceal a G23 under a T-shirt with that holster.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Lots of great options presented. Decisions, decisions. I like the Comp-tac and RM holster designs for IWB, still looking at OWB stuff. I qualify with it Aug 31 so I'll definitely have something before then. I have a Fobus paddle holster that I used to carry my G23 but the G36 doesn't come out as easily. I'd hate to pull the whole holster off my belt if I had to draw.

fwacfred

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2010
    MYRTLE BEACH
    I carry mine in a DeSantis insider with spare mag attatchment. Works great for me for off duty. I also carry a spare mag in my pocket for a total of three.

FatGeek

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    I carry my g36 in a crossbreed supertuck, and love it! I forget I have it on! It's easy to take off, I can't carry at work, so I have to take it off every morning. It's a great holster!

:+1:for Crossbreed Supertuck, no experience with a G36 yet, but the Supertuck is very comfortable once you get it adjusted to you.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    For IWB, I've heard great things about Crossbreed, but I bought from Raven Concealment @ the 1500. I'm very satisfied with my Raven holster, I consider it to be some of the best money I've ever spent on a firearm related purchase. I bought the additional hooks so that it can be worn as an IWB or OWB, it has the perfect amount of retention to keep it secure, yet draw without tugging. My G26 always feels secure yet readily accessible, and well hidden when worn as an IWB, but it's not overly bulky or awkward when worn as an OWB. (I have the Glock Phantom modular holster.)

Raven Concealment: The Malabar Front

I have a leather Blackhawk holster with snaps for the belt loop that makes for an easy off-on the belt for my Sig, it's a thumb-break snap style holster, very comfortable for OWB use. While I've never dropped it, even when running, it doesn't feel as secure as the Raven. :twocents:

Top Bottom