• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    Sorry if this is the 1000th thread on the same topic BUT.... I need a good holster. I have the Alien Gear cloak tuck 2.0 and 3.0, but I am not super liking them. I feel like I always need to slide them around my belt into place after some light activity. I would be willing to pay UP to $80 if it was a really sweet holster. I also need it to accommodate my light (Glock 19 with tlr3).

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Can I ask what kind of belt you're wearing? Is it a specifically made gun belt?

And not to get too personal, but are you wearing correctly sized pants and a correctly sized belt?

A good gun belt will do a world of good for even a mediocre holster.

And a good gun belt matched with well fitting britches will be fantastic.

As for holsters: I wear Raven Concealment for my full-sized gun OWB, and a Henry OWB and a G|Code INCOG for IWB when I carry a compact.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    Can I ask what kind of belt you're wearing? Is it a specifically made gun belt?

And not to get too personal, but are you wearing correctly sized pants and a correctly sized belt?

A good gun belt will do a world of good for even a mediocre holster.

And a good gun belt matched with well fitting britches will be fantastic.

As for holsters: I wear Raven Concealment for my full-sized gun OWB, and a Henry OWB and a G|Code INCOG for IWB when I carry a compact.
    i wondered about my belt. It is just a generic leather belt. I wear (with no holster) size 34 waist. I have been purchasing size 36 to accommodate.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    I'm like many here having experimented with a number of IWB and OWB holsters. I've found that I really like two and they are both OWB but both conceal very well. I have this one from Reign Tactical for my Beretta Nano:

https://www.reigntactical.com/slim-reign.html

I have the double-layer with G-CODE paddle and it fits well and stays put.

For my Springfield XD Mod.2 I have this one from Bravo Concealment:

Bravo Concealment · BCA Gun Holster

This actually conceals better even though the XD is larger than the Nano. I wear either at 3:00 and this one fits in tighter against my side.

10% off today at Brave with "BLACKCYBER15" code. 20% off at Reign with "CYBERMONDAY" code today only. (No, I don't work for either or get a commission!)

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I really like Galco leather. I use a Galco belt and 2 Galco holsters, a C.O.P for my 1911's and a Concealable for my Sigs, both OWB

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    1) Belt - Daltech Force, as mentioned above, has quality products and is based in Indiana.

2) Holster - I'd suggest contacting hpclayto (INGO user) for some of his OWB hardware.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I have several IWB holsters. CrossBreed, Galco, AlienGear, Kholsters, Blade Tech, and a few no name brands off Ebay. They all work well for me, But I believe that a person should start with the basics and that is a good gun belt. One I saw is called Bigfoot and is advertised as steel core, bridle leather, with military grade thread for $59.88 but there are many good ones available.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I used to have to adjust my alien gear 2.0. That was because the shell was so wide and completely flat so the holster didn't wanna stay. Simple fix was to take my wife's hair dryer and heat the sheet up and firm the shell on each side of the gun to a curve. Now it stays put because it doesn't want to move to the fattest part of my body. It stays with the curve of my hip.

INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    I have a Crossbreed Supertuck (IWB). Mine is horse hide, that may irritate some but it works better FOR ME than cow hide.

In it I carry a full size XD45 with 14 rounds of 45 ACP every day with jeans, khakis or cargo shorts with a belt I bought 15 years ago at Kohls and have zero issues with movement.

The holster contoured to my body very quickly but the leather is as rigid as it was the day I pulled it out the box.

mhinchley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2015
    South Bend
    After hours upon hours of searching, I went with www.daraholsters.com You custom order based on your gun & attachment(s). I have the Viridian X5L on my HK .40 Compact & this will fit the bill. Use code DARABLOG10 & get 10% off. Price came in at just under $84. While I just ordered it and do not have it in hand yet, I still recommend based on all the reviews that I read. Not a single bad review & most were just glowing. Have complete confidence that I will be happy with it. (FIREARM MFG/MODEL: H&K USP 9MM/.40 COMPACT, LIGHT/LASER ATTACHMENT: VIRIDIAN X5L (GEN 2) W/ECR +$30.00, HOLSTER COLOR: BLACK (STANDARD), DRAW HAND: RHD (RIGHT HANDED), BELT ATTACHMENT: CLIP OVER (STANDARD) 1.5", BELT ATTACHMENT COLOR: SAME AS HOLSTER (STANDARD), RIDE HEIGHT: MID, CANT ANGLE: 15° FBI CANT

Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Crossbreed Supertuck, had for 4-5 years now. The kydex had a crack but it still holds up the gun coz of the belt. Comfy carry w/ full size gun.

cbickel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2014
    Van by the river
    Thanks everyone, good info. Yeah my only complaint about my current holster is that it slides around. Also, depending on the belt I have on, the clip sometimes don't have a firm lock on to the belt. I have seen a ton of custom kydex holsters at the 1500. They seem solid and don't look cheap. I do need whatever I buy to be able to accommodate for a tlr3 light on my glock.

ron8924

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    SouthWest IN
    As others have stated invest into a good stiff belt specifically made with the purpose of carrying a hand gun. As for a holster I have a stealthgear oynx and it is hands down the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever worn. It will run about $100; totally worth it.

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    Really like my Silent Thunder IWB from Garrett Industries.

Kydex lined with leather, and add some mole-skin to a few spots where the holster rubs you skin and it is very comfortable. Easy on,easy off.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Gunfighter's Inc. Ronin OWB Kydex holster with a Beltman 1.5" dual-layer bullhide belt, worn at 3:00 or 3:30. Excellent combo for me, the holster has a strip of grip tape inside the belt loop, which keeps it in place. A good, sturdy belt is just as important as the holster. I highly recommend a Beltman belt, not cheap, but mine has served me well for several years.

Top Bottom