• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    Its just a letter stating I was selected to "try out". Gotta start with the initial testing in about a month so it's time to start hitting the gym a little harder

WillBrayJr

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    Auburn, IN
    Just out of curiousity, Do the Rookies go through an Academy like Michigan? I know when two LEOs were fired after they were caught doing certain things with female offenders while on Duty. A guy that I went to group with a couple years ago stopped by the Department and got an application with requirements. Applicants weren't required to attend an Academy.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Just out of curiousity, Do the Rookies go through an Academy like Michigan? I know when two LEOs were fired after they were caught doing certain things with female offenders while on Duty. A guy that I went to group with a couple years ago stopped by the Department and got an application with requirements. Applicants weren't required to attend an Academy.

It depends on the job. All paid personnel with a agency of at least four paid sworn officers must attend and successfully complete the basic 15 or 16 week academy at ILEA or one or two other satellite academy's. The basic academy is a live in para military type deal. ILEA is in Plainfield. The vast majority of ALL Indiana LEO's including ISP,DNR,city and county go to Plainfield for training.

Reserves are not required to attend the basic course but must pass the 40 hour pre basic course at the minimum.

Agency's with less than four paid sworn officers have to attend and pass the marshals 8 week course. The marshals course is also at ILEA in Plainfield.

Waivers can be granted by ILEA's training board for the basic course if a officer attended and passed a out of state academy. Marshals course waivers can be approved for officers who have attended and passed a certified reserve academy and have at least one year of service.

I must be lucky because I have been through pre basic,reserve academy,marshals waiver and then the basic academy. It ain't no fun either:)

Last edited:

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    My application was accepted into the first phase of employement for hendricks county :) :) :)

Congrats. HCSD is a good agency. If you make it I will be seeing you around as I work in (Not for) Hendricks County also. Need any assistance with anything,PM me.

Neo46121

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2009
    Putnam County
    Thanks everybody! So far so good in trying to get myself conditioned and in good enough shape to blow through the physical testing. Anybody got any tips on building stamina for long distance running?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Wonderful news! I wish you the best. Remember, the rule is, if you see a INGO sticker on a speeding car, a warning ticket is always issued.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Thanks everybody! So far so good in trying to get myself conditioned and in good enough shape to blow through the physical testing. Anybody got any tips on building stamina for long distance running?

Run, outside, every day. The state says you have to do a mile and a half in 16 miuntes 48 seconds. Jog 2 miles or 2.5 miles every day at your own pace and you'll blow the time away. You also need to practice sprinting. The state says you need to do 300 meters in 71 seconds. I run about 3 miles daily and the last time I got time checked on the mile and a half, I had it done in 12 minutes and I was not running "hard". Don't cheat yourself by running on a treadmill, it is NOT the same as running on a road, and you WILL be tested outside on a track that is likely paved.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    if you don't run at all, start out walking, walk as far as you can one way, then you have to turn around and come back. Once you have walked as far as you want to run, walk faster, keep track of your time, and just keep getting faster, then just RUN FORREST, RUN...

Top Bottom